Feedback & Help For The Podcasts - Community & Forums Related Discussions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
venam
Administrators
Hello nixers,
The podcasts have been going on for a while now.
With them as the media, I'm trying to share a bit of new and interesting knowledge with the community as best as I can.

However, it's not my forte. I have almost no skills editing, English is not my native tongue, I might miss a bit of enthusiasm in some episodes, or some others might be boring because I'm going over technical stuffs without taking a breath to refresh.

All and all, I'm genuinely looking for the feedback from those of you who are listening to it.
Maybe some tips, maybe comments, maybe some help with the editing to make it more appealing and professional.

I want objective, even if harsh, feedback.
I've been listening to a lot of other podcasts and I realize I'm lacking a lot.
venam
Administrators
This is unwise of me to ask for contribution without at least some guidance.

Here's what you could do:
  • If you haven't listened to some episodes go on and do so
  • You can share it with your friend
  • If you want to help with the forums server fees you can send something to my (new) patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/venam or you can ask dcat how you can help with the IRC.
  • You can comment on the extension threads of the episodes that you liked or disliked
  • You can help by linking external stuffs related to the episode
  • You can help by writing the transcript of an episode
  • You can help by editing an episode, making it seem more dynamic
  • You can help by asking for a podcast key and join the podcast, schedule is set on http://podcast.nixers.net
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
You know I love the idea. For those I could attend, it was refreshing, and interresting. The topics are good, and the points raised are also nice.
So regarding the content of the podcast, nothing to say, each one of them is good, and enjoyable!

My first problem with it is my inability to attend all of them. I would like to, but my "computer time" has decreased a lot sadly. I'll still do my best to attend each one of them!

Another point bothering me, that it not my fault, is that you cannot check when this week's podcast is scheduled, or can't sign in for it. I usually can't know when I'll be available next week, but I have like 4-5 days of visibility. So when I know if I'll be available, the podcast's date is not displayed anymore on the web UI. It would be better, in my opinion, to display something like that:

this week: "Topic" - sunday @ 16:00pm
next week possibilities:
day 1: users
day 2: users

I think it could also make sense to let people sign in until the date of the podcast.

Regarding the preparation of them, maybe we could do some "pre-podcast" on IRC, to fetch ideas and tease people about joining. Just an idea.
venam
Administrators
(19-07-2016, 04:23 PM)z3bra Wrote: Another point bothering me, that it not my fault, is that you cannot check when this week's podcast is scheduled, or can't sign in for it. I usually can't know when I'll be available next week, but I have like 4-5 days of visibility. So when I know if I'll be available, the podcast's date is not displayed anymore on the web UI. It would be better, in my opinion, to display something like that:
The time of the podcast of the current week is always displayed on the main thread: https://nixers.net/showthread.php?tid=1656
jvarg
Members
One thing i noticed, the volume of the intro/ourtro and other sounds in the episodes is sometimes a bit too loud, but maybe i'm just old or my headphones are shit :D
venam
Administrators
(18-04-2017, 05:57 AM)jvarg Wrote: One thing i noticed, the volume of the intro/ourtro and other sounds in the episodes is sometimes a bit too loud, but maybe i'm just old or my headphones are shit :D

It's something I've noticed and fixed in the last two or three episodes.
Thanks for the feedback.
robotchaos
Long time nixers
venam, if you need help, i would love to contribute back to our little community. i'm not entirely sure what i could do, but i thought a good place to start would be to offer some assistance.

i have listened to a few and thought they were wonderful. being a native English speaker myself, i enjoy the accent you have. rarely difficult to understand. you speak quite well for being a non-native speaker.
venam
Administrators
(18-04-2017, 03:37 PM)robotchaos Wrote: venam, if you need help, i would love to contribute back to our little community. i'm not entirely sure what i could do, but i thought a good place to start would be to offer some assistance.

Here are some ways:
(19-07-2016, 02:14 PM)venam Wrote: This is unwise of me to ask for contribution without at least some guidance.

Here's what you could do:
  • If you haven't listened to some episodes go on and do so
  • You can share it with your friend
  • If you want to help with the forums server fees you can send something to my (new) patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/venam or you can ask dcat how you can help with the IRC.
  • You can comment on the extension threads of the episodes that you liked or disliked
  • You can help by linking external stuffs related to the episode
  • You can help by writing the transcript of an episode
  • You can help by editing an episode, making it seem more dynamic
  • You can help by asking for a podcast key and join the podcast, schedule is set on http://podcast.nixers.net

(18-04-2017, 03:37 PM)robotchaos Wrote: i have listened to a few and thought they were wonderful. being a native English speaker myself, i enjoy the accent you have. rarely difficult to understand. you speak quite well for being a non-native speaker.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Another way you could contribute would be to help prepare a new podcast episode, I don't necessarily have to be in it, it's the nixers podcast after all.