Happy new year 2017 !! - Community & Forums Related Discussions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
I would like to wish you all an happy and healthy new year. May 2017 be the year of new discoveries, and give you all the will to succeed whatever you will be trying.

Spending 2016 with you has been an awesome experience, and I hope 2017 will be even better.

For this year I hope than more projects will pop up, involving more people in them.

Happy new nixy year everyone !
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER
pranomostro
Long time nixers
So, any new years resolutions?

I want to write more (and better) code, and finish some projects I still have lying around. And I want to read a lot more, that has stalled a little bit this year.

How about you guys?
Tmplt
Long time nixers
I'll defenitely going to try and read more this year, also. Perhaps I'll be ready for the last book in A Song of Ice and Fire this year.
And if my classes allow it, I'll see to spend some time on my current project, especially since I might need it during my next five years in uni.

I'm feeling optimistic for 2017.
jkl
Long time nixers
I hope to finish my killer robot this year.

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
venam
Administrators
Happy new year everyone.

(01-01-2017, 08:19 AM)z3bra Wrote: For this year I hope than more projects will pop up, involving more people in them.
Let's also remember that there are many projects on the forums, or anywhere else, that people left unfinished.

(01-01-2017, 11:41 AM)pranomostro Wrote: So, any new years resolutions?
More of the same but increment on it, it's a new iteration.

(01-01-2017, 02:41 PM)Tmplt Wrote: I'm feeling optimistic for 2017.
Sounds fantastic.

(02-01-2017, 05:20 AM)jkl Wrote: I hope to finish my killer robot this year.
To cleanse the world of whom?
jkl
Long time nixers
He'll notice!

(Actually working on a robot right now, only half-joking.)

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
akts
Members
Happy new year everyone.
acg
Members
Happy new year full of amazing experiences!
argonaut · musician · developer · writer · https://www.betoissues.com
hades
Long time nixers
New Year's Resolutions?

I'd like to get a portfolio together and start doing some programming and web design work, and earn some money for it, and maybe even get out of my current job, which is all paperwork and zero IT.
rocx
Members
My resolutions would be to write a story of some sort. Maybe not a comic since I'm not up for that kind of commitment. Perhaps get it self-published and sold somewhere on-line. What about a small sticker line? Slap a cat getting jammed into a pipe on your laptop. The point is to break out my creativity and make some madd buxx* on it.

*Pennies more than likely
xero
Long time nixers
happy new year nixers!

Code:
http://nixers.net
                    .                              .
     .____ ___.____/|______._____.     ./\____.___/|
___/_    \\___\    |     /|   __/___ _/_    /\   _|____.
|    /    /    |\_  |  __/ |  _)     |  _  _/__\        |
|   /     |    |/   _   \  |  \      |  |      |\____   |
|__/ ::.__|:.__/ .: | .: \_|__  ..:: |__|  .:: |   / .: |
\______/ | _/\_____l____ /  \______/   l______l  /___ /
          \/            \/                           \/

http://0w.nz/nixmas
hades
Long time nixers
(03-01-2017, 01:33 AM)rocx Wrote: My resolutions would be to write a story of some sort. Maybe not a comic since I'm not up for that kind of commitment. Perhaps get it self-published and sold somewhere on-line. What about a small sticker line? Slap a cat getting jammed into a pipe on your laptop. The point is to break out my creativity and make some madd buxx* on it.

*Pennies more than likely
If you write, self-host and place ads on your site with your writing. Don't use google Ads or anything like that. Place direct ads that are relavent to your writing. For example, writing sci-fi dystopian literature? Advertise a sci-fi dystopian movie or novel. A lot of small authors and indie filmmakers will work with you on advertising their material on your site. Once you get a following, Make merch related to your material and sell/advertise it. The ideal zero is when you no longer need to advertise anything other than yourself on your own site, and can sell enough merch to pay yourself per hour for your writing and for site upkeep.

Oh, and speaking of merch: Go ahead and research manufacturing of goodies and drop-shipping now. Definitely look into Topatoco.

Edit: Oh, and look into doing exclusive things for followers once you have a significant following. For example, a webcomic I read has a thing where you pay a one-time fee of 20, 50, or 100 dollars, and depending on how much you paid, you either get to read a few exclusive comics a year and get signed merch, get access to all the comics a day early plus the previous, or get to see the author draw live, plus the previous.

Basically, a perks club.
venam
Administrators
(03-01-2017, 10:20 AM)dbcooper Wrote: Edit: Oh, and look into doing exclusive things for followers once you have a significant following. For example, a webcomic I read has a thing where you pay a one-time fee of 20, 50, or 100 dollars, and depending on how much you paid, you either get to read a few exclusive comics a year and get signed merch, get access to all the comics a day early plus the previous, or get to see the author draw live, plus the previous.
I'm also going to look into "passive" or "half-passive" income this year.
For now I've set a Patreon page ( https://www.patreon.com/venam ).
There aren't many options I can use to "cash-out" money.

I'm hoping I can at least cover up my servers fees.