Can't figure out what distro to use - GNU/Linux
Saos
Gotta make your decisions based on your needs. For instance, I will always prefer OpenBSD, but I can't use it with Libreboot if I want full-disk encryption (at least not easily, and I can't find anyone who has done it well). So I had to move back to Linux. It's not the worst thing in the world, but I still miss OpenBSD. But I care about security, so in my context, I can't sacrifice FDE.
xero
the secret to getting good at running arch is knowing what to do when things break... b/c running a bleeding edge/rolling release distro they will inevitably break. i learned quite a bit about system management and debugging from running arch and it breaking itself every few months. i keep a file called ~/.lastupdate which i populate every time i run pacman or yay. i also keep 1 previous version of every package in /var/cache/pacman/pkg for rollbacks as well.

but change can be good. g'luck on your distrohop!
Halfwit
i has issues with void as well. if you're contemplating giving it another try, ensure you're booting as eufi, and that your bios isn't stupid like mine and expects a very specific path. What a headache.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode