People complaining about your tiny font - Desktop Customization & Workflow

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
venam
Administrators
Quote:For each their own.

Apart from that, I can assert that I've been bombarded with the same sets of questions more than once.

You don't always have to reply or even care about what others think of you or your actions. It's not like you are imposing this choice upon them.

Why use X instead of Y?

Do you have an answer to this question yourself? Do you know why you use an 8px bitmap font or are you constructing your answer from something you've read or seen online?

Those are questions that are important to consider. Maybe you'll change your mind about your decisions.

Back on the topic of fonts, I've used tiny bitmap fonts (9 to 12px) for a while under the assumptions that they were "space savers". Was I saving space really? No. Were the font crisper? Yes. Was I considering other options to make my mind? No, I was following a sort of "blind hype" over miniature-crisp bitmap fonts.

Recently I've switched to a 16 to 17px TrueType font which feels more comfortable when in a well lit room and at a relatively good distance of the monitor.
I miss the crispiness of bitmap fonts but that doesn't really matter at 17px, though I wouldn't have a problem with that.

EDIT: related https://debianjoe.wordpress.com/2014/11/...-tool-set/

Messages In This Thread
RE: People complaining about your tiny font - by venam - 02-06-2017, 08:09 AM