nixers community git - Community & Forums Related Discussions
xero
(03-08-2017, 04:06 AM)z3bra Wrote: You can use the motd and xero's lab for it!

those scripts are all unicode block characters. the fonts venam wants to test are amiga / CP437

@venam, you should test it on your new bugs study from the last impure pack
venam
(17-01-2018, 01:48 PM)xero Wrote: amiga / CP437

@venam, you should test it on your new bugs study from the last impure pack
The script it working fine so far, I wanted more edge cases.
I haven't worked on it in a while.
pranomostro
Apparently, the web front end is down (at least for me). Gives

Code:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to git.nixers.net. Peer’s certificate has an invalid signature. Error code: SEC_ERROR_BAD_SIGNATURE
z3bra
Yop dudes.

I'm bringing back this topic to life, 'cause I plan on rearranging my web services over all my servers.

Is anyone still interested in this community git server, or should I bring this down?
I see the last contribution was from May, and most other contribs are from 2017.

This was created to ease contributions within the community, but I think it was a huge failure in the end (at least, from my POV, and the project I've shared through it).

There could be multiple reasons for its failure, be it a lack of interest in code made by the community, a preference set over github, or simply being shy?

I don't know. What's your idea? Should this server live? Die? Do you miss something that would make it more appealing to use?

Please share :)
dab
Hi z3bra, using community developed software myself, most of if on github and rarely on own git repos. Still thinking it's worth to save it for future even if you planning to commit there alone. And if it's not big maintenance costs in hours and cash.

Or move to github organisation and forget about maintenance. The simpler - the better.
Steph
(29-11-2018, 10:03 AM)z3bra Wrote: This was created to ease contributions within the community, but I think it was a huge failure in the end (at least, from my POV, and the project I've shared through it).

I just think it comes down to the fact that when a platform like github has become the norm it is very hard to break that habit.

It's like newtons-whatever-law where he says: "Objects at rest will stay at rest unless acted on by an external force" unless something comes along that motivates people off platforms, they will likely continue to use what they always have.

I'm a newer member so this could be dead wrong but it seems to me as if a community git is a neat idea, but we are too few in number and too disorganized for it to work well. Think of Conways game of life, the project has too few adjacent squares to continue to live for the next generation.
z3bra
Well, I just though it was cooler to host our shitb ourselves :)
I trust every member here better than microsoft for hosting my projects and intellectual property.
We are most likely not safer, but more honest, and that is what I care about.
Now that is my personnal POV, and I understand why people would prefer github as it is more of a social network than a code hosting platform.

Regardless, unless someone stands against it, I will consider tge service to be dead, and bring it up again if it goes down (be it cause of a reinstall, or hardware issue.

I can provide archives of projects if people ask me :)

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode  |  Help