/ports/{openbsd,freebsd,crux}/
z3bra
yeah that would do it as well
acg
(28-07-2017, 05:34 PM)evbo Wrote: How about
/ports/{openbsd,freebsd,crux}/
I'm down for this one, even like it.
pizzaroll1
The goal for me is that our ports repos will be transient. Once we package everything and they are added to the OS repositories, there is no need to keep them around: the history of updates etc. will be stored in the version control of the OS you added the package to.

Hence, I approve of literally any scheme of naming the repos, since they will disappear eventually.
evbo
Quote:the history of updates etc. will be stored in the version control of the OS you added the package to.

I did not consider that, but that makes a lot of sense.
pizzaroll1
Well, I don't know how it works for some Linux distros. But for {Free,Open,Net}BSD, Gentoo, the port/ebuild itself ends up in a version-controlled tree with the rest of the ports so there's no point keeping our tree around after it's added.

Debian is a bit weirder, I think, since there's supposed to be a "debian" directory in the source tarball or something? I don't know, really.
z3bra
(29-07-2017, 09:49 AM)pizzaroll1 Wrote: Well, I don't know how it works for some Linux distros. But for {Free,Open,Net}BSD, Gentoo, the port/ebuild itself ends up in a version-controlled tree with the rest of the ports so there's no point keeping our tree around after it's added.

Debian is a bit weirder, I think, since there's supposed to be a "debian" directory in the source tarball or something? I don't know, really.

.deb packages are cpio archives containing a tarball of the sources, and a bunch of metadata files (or something close to that). RPMs are somewhat similar.
venam
I've pushed a patched up version of thingmenu to the git.
It adds support for Xft and a dotted (eye-candy) background.

Can anyone test it on their machine?
pizzaroll1
It works on my machine with a few tweaks:

http://ix.io/yW4

The first patch adds X11INC and freetype2 to INCS, this fixes the build on OpenBSD.

The second is optional and removes all of the "echo CC ..." and @ in the Makefile. I don't understand why projects do that, anyway, surely it just makes it harder to see what the invocation was when something goes wrong? I removed it and discovered the reason why it wasn't building, so it's unhelpful to see "CC" instead of the actual command run.

Other than that, it does work with some xft fonts on my system, so you can chalk this one up as a success, I think.

Ok to commit the patches? Thoughts?
venam
(06-08-2017, 10:15 PM)pizzaroll1 Wrote: The first patch adds X11INC and freetype2 to INCS, this fixes the build on OpenBSD.

The second is optional and removes all of the "echo CC ..." and @ in the Makefile. I don't understand why projects do that, anyway, surely it just makes it harder to see what the invocation was when something goes wrong? I removed it and discovered the reason why it wasn't building, so it's unhelpful to see "CC" instead of the actual command run.

This sounds good, thanks for patching the build process.

(06-08-2017, 10:15 PM)pizzaroll1 Wrote: Ok to commit the patches? Thoughts?

Sure go on, commit those.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode  |  Help