Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TeddyDD
Members
Hi. I'm TeddyDD and I'm art student. I like minimalism, generative art and beautiful design. I've been using Linux since 2014 (exclusively for few months). I found this forum today I already love it :)

venam
Administrators
(09-11-2017, 02:05 PM)TeddyDD Wrote: Hi. I'm TeddyDD and I'm art student. I like minimalism, generative art and beautiful design.
This is my first time encountering an art student interested in Unix, this is really great.
I see you're aso into game development.

Welcome to the forums.
TeddyDD
Members
I don't know any other art student using Linux too (except my younger brother).
It might be hard for artist to use Linux since lack of software like Photoshop (Mac works though, so you can be artist on *nix).
Fortunately there is software for things I'm interested in. I'd say if you into 3d, photography or video editing you can use Linux.
I probably should write blog post about this stuff :)
rocx
Members
(09-11-2017, 08:15 PM)TeddyDD Wrote: Thanks :)
I don't know any other art student using Linux too (except my younger brother).
It might be hard for artist to use Linux since lack of software like Photoshop (Mac works though, so you can be artist on *nix).
Fortunately there is software for things I'm interested in. I'd say if you into 3d, photography or video editing you can use Linux.
I probably should write blog post about this stuff :)

It's no Photoshop, but Krita's a great alternative for drawing.
resk
Members
Hello there Teddy, welcome to nixers.
pyratebeard
Long time nixers
Ahoy TeddyDD! Welcome to nixers.

I could do with a shot of rum right now.
jkl
Long time nixers
(09-11-2017, 02:05 PM)TeddyDD Wrote: I like minimalism

Your website loads 128.43 KB from 5 domains right on its start page.

Welcome to nixers.

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
resk
Members
(10-11-2017, 11:12 AM)jkl Wrote: Your website loads 128.43 KB from 5 domains right on its start page.
Ironic or maybe it's more of a visual minimalist. He said he's into art, maybe he's not into web dev so you can't blame him for that.
TeddyDD
Members
(10-11-2017, 11:12 AM)jkl Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 02:05 PM)TeddyDD Wrote: I like minimalism

Your website loads 128.43 KB from 5 domains right on its start page.

Welcome to nixers.

Ha ha, that's true. I use Github repo + Netlify for hosting and I don't want to host images in GH. I suck at web design as well ;) I'll move all my static assets to
Digital Ocean spaces or somewhere soon. It does not contain JavaScript at least (except Google Analytics, but I probably remove it too).
xero
Long time nixers
Quote:welcome to nixers
budRich
Long time nixers
Welcome TeddyDD, please take me to the party
And let me dance along, until the lights are on
josuah
Long time nixers
Welcome to nixers TeddyDD!

Through your website, I discovered the dat:// protocol and it reminds me ipfs.

I like the strength of the light/shades in this one: https://teddydd.deviantart.com/art/window-275642302