How much do you actually care about your ideologies? - Psychology, Philosophy, and Licenses

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
d9a
Members
That's good. That's what I was trying to figure out. My intention is to be able to use my computer and trust it as much as possible. I'm not as extremist as RMS. I need to do stuff like send money via Venmo for rent, get money from ATMs, etc. For me, I guess a lot of it was just reducing how much companies like Google and Microsoft have on me and to be able to have the freedom to change what I want when I want. There's both practical and moral benefits to free software imo. For Unix, that's purely from a functionality standpoint. I think programs are easier to understand when they only do one thing well.

For systemd, I didn't realize the security issues it had until yesterday because I thought the main problem people had with it security-wise was the fact that every distro pretty much had it. That wasn't a big deal to me because every distro has X, Linux, etc. so the init system didn't really matter. I still don't understand the security problems it could still possibly have, but yesterday showed that they are sloppy programmers.

Thanks for bearing with me. I'm still figuring stuff out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much do you actually care about your ideologies? - by d9a - 11-01-2019, 01:11 PM