Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Deathbox
Members
I used to rock with a few of you in my school days. Just searched for unix hub and came across this new site. I recognise a few of you. Just saying hello really.
venam
Administrators
Welcome to the forums Deathbox.
Cool you could find us by remembering unixhub.
Saos
Long time nixers
Ah, I remember unixhub. I'm also revisiting, seeing some old faces.
Deathbox
Members
(24-06-2019, 03:47 AM)venam Wrote: Welcome to the forums Deathbox.
Cool you could find us by remembering unixhub.

I remember you venam haha. Hope you are well, it's been a few years.

(24-06-2019, 09:59 AM)Saos Wrote: Ah, I remember unixhub. I'm also revisiting, seeing some old faces.

Yeah it's nice to catch up! Although I was never as hardcore into nix as the blokes here. I'm rocking Debian these days when most are on Arch and FreeBSD. I was rocking FreeBSD 8.3 last time I was on Unix hub.
Saos
Long time nixers
I owe a lot of what I know about computing to this forum, honestly. I probably would have never heard of BSD had it not been for the people here who were on HF back in the day (Mafia, Amzo, Beastie, etc.) Now I'm a security consultant and I think about this forum a lot - decided to jump back on and I'm glad it's still alive!
jkl
Long time nixers
Welcome to nixers.

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
Deathbox
Members
(24-06-2019, 10:11 AM)Saos Wrote: I owe a lot of what I know about computing to this forum, honestly. I probably would have never heard of BSD had it not been for the people here who were on HF back in the day (Mafia, Amzo, Beastie, etc.) Now I'm a security consultant and I think about this forum a lot - decided to jump back on and I'm glad it's still alive!

I recognise all of those names, we probably spoke at one point but I forget what my original HF username was lol.
(24-06-2019, 02:05 PM)jkl Wrote: Welcome to nixers.

Cheers mate!
wolf
Members
Welcome aboard, pal.
xero
Long time nixers
Quote: welcome, back, to nixers