Workflow Compilation 2020 [ongoing] - Desktop Customization & Workflow
stark
(18-05-2020, 09:59 AM)z3bra Wrote: Ok, we keep the old way of doing it ! Same tasks ? What is the time limit for submissions ?

How about focusing on one task that might involve multiple one ? Like fixing a "fake bug" (get source, compile, debug, edit) and submitting a patch/PR (formatting patch, sending email/browsing web) ?

Good one. In addition, we can also setup a git repo somewhere for people to post hello-world-esque programs when they have no idea where to get started ?
z3bra
(18-05-2020, 10:38 AM)jkl Wrote: The current list of tasks involves more different tools than I'd like to (at least three different ones).

What would you suggest instead ?

Here are a bunch of stuff I do frequently to give ideas:
  • write code/emails
  • manage remote servers
  • try to switch to openbsd full time
  • worry about backups
jkl
I would probably prefer tasks which do not involve showing off. :-)
z3bra
Feel free to submit ideas then ☺
stark
(19-05-2020, 01:04 AM)jkl Wrote: I would probably prefer tasks which do not involve showing off. :-)

Well, the whole idea of Workflow compilation is about showing off how you use your *nix most days. I'd guess you'd love a scavenger hunt but yeah, if you have any ideas do pitch in. We are all brainstorming here : )
jkl
I would add "write a blog article", but I guess most of you don't have a blog.

Maybe "clone one of your projects, change something and commit the changes to whatever VCS you use"?
neeasade
> I would add "write a blog article", but I guess most of you don't have a blog.

You might be surprised, almost everyone in this thread has one :P

> Maybe "clone one of your projects, change something and commit the changes to whatever VCS you use"?

I like this one!

-

I like the current list. I don't have a fancy mail setup so I might just make a dummy somewhere for this.
neeasade
> Maybe "clone one of your projects, change something and commit the changes to whatever VCS you use"?

Maybe we could all even clone the same repo/make a comparable diff
stark
Alright, after alot of chit chat we have finalized on the task list and the post has been updated. Thanks everyone for pitching it : )
venam
Here is my submission.

I'm thrilled to see what other people's contributions are going to be this year!

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode