Workflow Compilation 2020 [ongoing] - Desktop Customization & Workflow
stark
(22-05-2020, 04:34 PM)vain Wrote: Oh, I see. Same video, but faster:

https://dump.uninformativ.de/v/1af132f0b...faster.mp4 (10 MB)
https://dump.uninformativ.de/v/1af132f0b...aster.webm (70 MB)

(Again, will auto-delete in a year.)

It's indeed a bit more pleasent to watch. :-) Although, I think it's also nice if you get a feeling for how fast someone really is. Not that I try to be as fast as possible, but it's still interesting.

Still no idea, why my webm is so huge, but yeah.

You need to disable ssl verification in your irc client for irc.unix.chat ( it's a self signed cert, nothing to worry about ). Can you please re-record ? Thanks for participating : )
stark
(22-05-2020, 03:19 PM)venam Wrote:
(22-05-2020, 02:58 PM)jkl Wrote: For the record, the video being "faster" is expected. That is what the « -r 16 » is for. I originally came up with this so the video would be shorter overall, and smaller too, thus resulting in a shorter full video. Our computer interfaces don't need a full 25 fps recording anyway.

I think I missed that, I'll re-upload my video with the speedup and put it on the same link.

Oh good, I was about to tell you to re-record it and push the code somewhere :P
jkl
(22-05-2020, 04:35 PM)stark Wrote: Can you please re-record and push your code to a public repo this time ?

WebDAV is actually public...?
stark
(22-05-2020, 05:21 PM)jkl Wrote:
(22-05-2020, 04:35 PM)stark Wrote: Can you please re-record and push your code to a public repo this time ?

WebDAV is actually public...?

Sure is, but do you actually use it for versioning your code ? Also where can I access your webdav directory ?
jkl
I use quite a couple of repositories for my code. There were no restrictions on the allowed ones.

(So an additional requirement is that we’ll post our repositories here as well?)
venam
(23-05-2020, 04:59 AM)jkl Wrote: (So an additional requirement is that we’ll post our repositories here as well?)

I don't think it should, there's no point in adding unnecessary conditions to this compilation.
vain
Very well, next try:

https://dump.uninformativ.de/v/0cc081ec84/

Everything I do feels like it's 100% standard and boring, compared to the other vids. :)
z3bra
(23-05-2020, 04:59 AM)jkl Wrote: I use quite a couple of repositories for my code. There were no restrictions on the allowed ones.

(So an additional requirement is that we’ll post our repositories here as well?)

I think stark expected a VCS requiring a bit more dedication tham editing remote files over webdav ☺
If there wasn't /WebDAV/ in the file path, it could have been unnoticed. As long as it's how you work, I think it's cool to see something different that git.
jkl
(23-05-2020, 11:24 AM)z3bra Wrote: I think stark expected a VCS requiring a bit more dedication tham editing remote files over webdav ☺

After all, this is a forum for using the best tool for a given job ... ;-)
z3bra
And this is a workflow video ! So if your workflow involves that, you better showcase it !

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode