Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
fre d die
Members
Hi, i was last here is 2017 when i had arch on my desktop. since then i've completed an a-level in comp sci and am currently studing fine art. Recently bought a thinkpad x200 and installed gentoo on it and found myself here again.
jkl
Long time nixers
Gentoo hell. I see.

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
fre d die
Members
hell? enlighten me.
jkl
Long time nixers
Have you read what you wrote?

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
opfez
Members
(09-07-2020, 03:30 PM)fre d die Wrote: hell? enlighten me.

Your title makes it seem that the "hell" you were describing was a kind of "Gentoo hell".
fre d die
Members
haha can't believe i didn't notice that. apologies.
venam
Administrators
Hello fre d die,
Welcome to the forums.
wolf
Members
EHLO Fre d die.
And welcome. Nice to see someone trying Gentoo, it's a lovely metadistro.
ckester
Nixers
I know the title of this thread is probably a typo, but every time I check the list of "Active Threads" and see it, I think that in my case it would mean waking up some morning and finding that all my *nix machines had been wiped clean and replaced by Windows.

Worse, it would be Windows Vista or -- shudders -- Windows Me.

Hell again. Been there, done that, don't want to go back.
jkl
Long time nixers
I surely prefer Vista to 7. It had a working task bar.

--
fre d die
Members
(11-07-2020, 08:52 PM)ckester Wrote: I know the title of this thread is probably a typo, but every time I check the list of "Active Threads" and see it, I think that it my case it would mean waking up some morning and finding that all my *nix machines had been wiped clean and replaced by Windows.

Worse, it would be Windows Vista or -- shudders -- Windows Me.

Hell again. Been there, done that, don't want to go back.
yeah, totally a typo but probably looks a little menacing sat at the top of active threads