Poll: Do you think this would bring value to nixers.net?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No 2 25.00%
Yes 5 62.50%
Yes, but not using pixelfed 1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should we set up a pixelfed instance? - Community & Forums Related Discussions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
mcol
Nixers
(08-09-2020, 04:22 AM)z3bra Wrote: I personally don't have interest in such a thing, and think this would just split our (not so big) community over multiple platforms. Some discussions might happen on the image board, some here, and we'll either link them together manually or recreate posts here as "hey, so this cool thread happened on pixelfed, what do you think ?".
Yeah, this is a fair point. Although,
(08-09-2020, 04:22 AM)z3bra Wrote: I don't see much screenshot posted here either.
maybe there is a reason for this?

(08-09-2020, 04:22 AM)z3bra Wrote: Maybe people could simply put a link to their feed in their signature/profile page ?
(08-09-2020, 04:36 AM)venam Wrote: A middle-way solution would be to create a page that would link to other people's screenshot galleries, which is an interesting idea in itself — a wormhole of screenshots.
I really like the these ideas. A pro for pixelfed is that one does not need their own website to display images, but a counter-pro of using personal websites is that it encourages people to make their own personal websites :) so we could have a page here that contains links to people's own pages, and of course people already do have a link in their profile to their website.

So what about discussion, with this approach? If I like a specific image on somebody's website, I could message them on IRC (some people), or I could link it in a forum thread and hope they see it.

Messages In This Thread
Should we set up a pixelfed instance? - by mcol - 04-09-2020, 04:55 PM
RE: Should we set up a pixelfed instance? - by mcol - 08-09-2020, 08:26 AM