xnotify: popup a notification on your screen - Programming On Unix

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
seninha
Long time nixers
(22-10-2020, 12:19 AM)biopsin Wrote: I have some questions for possible features request;
one is regarding updating a notification (like dunstify --printid and --replace option) for volume/brightness stuff
and the other is exec a action on left mouse click rather than close?
Hopefully I will have the opportunity to do some testing/experimenting upcomming weekend.

Sorry for not responding earlier, I'm having a busy week.

Yeah, these additions are in my TODO list.
I will add a group or id feature where you can tag a notification for being of a given group/id and it will replace all other notifications of the same group/id.
I'm also considering to add some kind of click behavior, maybe output the notification to stdout when the user click with a given mouse button on the notification, and then the user should pipe xnotify stdout to a script.

(26-10-2020, 10:56 PM)Ramiferous Wrote: Can you explain why? This was asked on Reddit but didn't get a response.

My main motivation to write xnotify wasn't blind dbus hating, as I have no opinion on dbus.
My main motivation was to play with I/O multiplexing. This is my first project using poll(2).

Messages In This Thread
RE: xnotify: popup a notification on your screen - by seninha - 27-10-2020, 02:09 PM