xnotify: popup a notification on your screen - Programming On Unix

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
pfr
Nixers
(27-10-2020, 02:09 PM)phillbush Wrote: My main motivation to write xnotify wasn't blind dbus hating, as I have no opinion on dbus.
My main motivation was to play with I/O multiplexing. This is my first project using poll(2).

Cool. And yeah, I'm not sure what u/ndgnah was on about but they seemingly aren't interested in your reasons :P

For what it's worth, there is currently an active thread over on the UnitedBSD forums where some NetBSD devs are taking requests for programs to package for NetBSD. So far they've been very responsive.
I've requested that xnotify be packaged (primarily in pkgsrc/wip) for testing. One user suggested I look into xmessage instead, stating it is "more minimal" however I think notify is a good balance between nice features and minimalism.

Do you have any thoughts on this? do you foresee xnotify being maintained long-term?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
“Maybe you have some bird ideas... Maybe that's the best you can do.” - Terry A. Davis (R.I.P Terry & Percival)

Messages In This Thread
RE: xnotify: popup a notification on your screen - by pfr - 27-10-2020, 08:18 PM