xnotify: popup a notification on your screen - Programming On Unix

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
pfr
Nixers
(31-10-2020, 09:49 PM)phillbush Wrote: Which behavior do you prefer in a notification system?

I'm not fussed, but I wouldn't really want notifications popping up when I'm watching movies fullscreen etc

(01-11-2020, 08:48 AM)mcol Wrote: I use a custom one i hacked together and normally notifications appear above fullscreen windows. I have a keybinding that "pauses" all notifications, and after I hit it again they are replayed. This is good for e.g. doing presentations. Maybe that'd be useful behaviour?

That sounds cool!

(27-10-2020, 09:34 PM)phillbush Wrote: But I am really thankful of whoever random guy on the Internet that appreciated my work to the point of maintaining a package for it.
Pin, he is very dedicated to bringing NetBSD to the desktop and thus is helping to import and maintain packages that are requested (many by me) or seen as helpful to the user experience. I'll pass on your regards to him. :)

It was less than 4 months ago that NetBSD had no Spotify client at all and now, thanks to Pin, we have ncspot and Spotify-qt. He doesn't even use Spotify! haha

I'll also say that, while I never insisted on anyone else fixing a package that doesn't build on NetBSD, as soon as you tell the NetBSD devs that a package doesn't build correctly (and that it's not the users fault), they get quite determined to make it work. It's a great community.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
“Maybe you have some bird ideas... Maybe that's the best you can do.” - Terry A. Davis (R.I.P Terry & Percival)

Messages In This Thread
RE: xnotify: popup a notification on your screen - by pfr - 01-11-2020, 08:23 PM