xnotify: popup a notification on your screen - Programming On Unix

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
pfr
Nixers
(01-11-2020, 09:49 PM)phillbush Wrote: I noticed that he also doesn't use notifications at all, but is still maintaining my notification system, which is very nice of him.
Yes, exactly! haha

(01-11-2020, 09:49 PM)phillbush Wrote: When I moved from Linux to BSD, I was uncertain about Open or Net, Open won me by their manpages. But NetBSD is certainly a good OS with a great community.
I was won by the willingness of NetBSD's developers to innovate and accept necessary changes to the base system. My personal feelings about OpenBSD is that there are too many chef's in the kitchen and not everyone can agree on what the recipe should be. I sense that it is harder to make innovations/changes, especially if it means getting rid of redundant software in base. But this is only from the outside looking in. I haven't used OpenBSD and my feelings should be taken with some salt. It's obviously very popular for a reason :)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
“Maybe you have some bird ideas... Maybe that's the best you can do.” - Terry A. Davis (R.I.P Terry & Percival)

Messages In This Thread
RE: xnotify: popup a notification on your screen - by pfr - 01-11-2020, 11:52 PM