Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
venam
Administrators
I'm also currently using pulseaudio.

(09-02-2021, 01:06 PM)vain Wrote: pulsemixer is the frontend that I use
Similarly, I use pulsemixer, it's simple and neat.

I got paprefs installed in case I want to set simultaneous output, when I have multiple headsets connected like when watching a movie with friends each can have their own audio without bothering the rest of the house. I use the GUI instead of loading the module manually - It's just so much easier.

One thing I'm testing is having different virtual sinks for different cases: voip, media, notification.
So far, I have these in my default.pa
Code:
load-sample-lazy x11-bell /usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo/bell.oga
#load-sample-lazy x11-bell  /home/vnm/media/musics/yeah_yeah.ogg
load-module module-x11-bell sample=x11-bell sink=notification

load-module module-virtual-sink use_volume_sharing=no force_flat_volume=yes sink_name=media master=alsa_output.usb-C-Media_Electronics_Inc._Microsoft_LifeChat_LX-3000-00.iec958-stereo sink_properties="device.description='media'"
load-module module-virtual-sink use_volume_sharing=no force_flat_volume=yes sink_name=voip master=alsa_output.usb-C-Media_Electronics_Inc._Microsoft_LifeChat_LX-3000-00.iec958-stereo sink_properties="device.description='voip'"
load-module module-virtual-sink use_volume_sharing=no force_flat_volume=yes sink_name=notification master=alsa_output.usb-C-Media_Electronics_Inc._Microsoft_LifeChat_LX-3000-00.iec958-stereo sink_properties="device.description='notification'"
set-default-sink alsa_output.usb-C-Media_Electronics_Inc._Microsoft_LifeChat_LX-3000-00.iec958-stereo
alsa_output.usb-C-Media_Electronics_Inc._Microsoft_LifeChat_LX-3000-00.iec958-stereo is the name of my headset (hardware sink).

NB: The module-x11-bell can't be rerouted using pulseaudio restoration database so you have to specify the sink at module load time.
Other than that this gives me 3 virtual sinks called "voip", "notification", and "media". Then I need pulseaudio to remember the routing of streams. It does that automatically normally when you manually move streams (according to different criteria) and saves it in the restoration database.
So far I haven't found any user-interface that allows editing it easily, so I started writing one today.

Messages In This Thread
Your Audio Setup - by venam - 08-02-2021, 03:37 AM
RE: Your Audio Setup - by movq - 09-02-2021, 01:06 PM
RE: Your Audio Setup - by venam - 09-02-2021, 01:30 PM
RE: Your Audio Setup - by movq - 10-02-2021, 11:33 AM
RE: Your Audio Setup - by venam - 10-02-2021, 11:58 AM
RE: Your Audio Setup - by venam - 05-07-2021, 03:29 PM
RE: Your Audio Setup - by VMS - 28-02-2022, 12:21 PM