pass, gnupg, managing keys and migrating password-store - Security & Cryptography

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
mattrose
Members
(13-03-2021, 04:57 AM)Ramiferous Wrote: So if I already have pass set up on my other laptop though, should I just delete my existing ~/.password-store before cloning the git repo and starting fresh?
Yep. Just delete the existing .password-store (assuming all your passwords are in the repo copy)
and run the git clone command.
(13-03-2021, 04:57 AM)Ramiferous Wrote: And once I clone the repo, I will at least need to run $ pass init correct?
Nope. The git repo has an already initialized password store, so you don't have to run pass init again.
(13-03-2021, 04:57 AM)Ramiferous Wrote: Mu only concern is, even after I copy over my gpg keys, how can I assign them to my newly cloned ~/.password-store ?
You don't need to. The password-store is just a bunch of gpg encrypted files, so you as long as you have the same keys, you can use them to encrypt and decrypt the same files.

Messages In This Thread
RE: pass, gnupg, managing keys and migrating password-store - by mattrose - 13-03-2021, 01:36 PM