Why so inactive? - Off topic
venam
Also, the thing is that sometime most of the problem are distro related, I mean by that that it's supposed to be asked on the specific distro forum.
Thus a general purpose *nix forum will not be the host for such questions.
CrossFold
These are some great ideas !
And now I agree upon why these forums are inactive.. Probably because only a handful of people have the idea of what's posted here as its quite more higher in level than other "Linux" things posted on the internet.. Anyway, just adding my opinion, we can post our solutions over here(How we solved some problem we faced) so the forum doesn't totally go dead and keep up with the IRC ..
gurhush
I think that it will improve as the forum ages and gets new members. At this point I'd rather have all quality posts (like we have) and this amount of activity. A lot of the time I find myself wishing these forums had more activity, though.
Revcore
I'm not actually sure why I haven't been on. Miss the community.
Robby
(28-11-2012, 01:32 AM)CrossFold Wrote: The forum desgin, the content, the members everything is great.. But then why is the forum so inactive? Feels like it is abandoned..

I have college and a girlfriend and I'm slowly loosing interest in *nix however I'll still use it to the day I'll die over anything else. I'm going to buy a server rack soon and pop FreeBSD on there.
gurhush
(08-12-2012, 03:10 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: Don't worry folks, November/December is the busiest time of the year for anyone our age.

We will certainly see a large influx of activity soon.

I can't wait.
CrossFold
(07-12-2012, 05:26 PM)Robby Wrote:
(28-11-2012, 01:32 AM)CrossFold Wrote: The forum desgin, the content, the members everything is great.. But then why is the forum so inactive? Feels like it is abandoned..

I have college and a girlfriend and I'm slowly loosing interest in *nix however I'll still use it to the day I'll die over anything else. I'm going to buy a server rack soon and pop FreeBSD on there.

Loosing interest in *nix ? If you start loosing interest in *nix + you don't like windows & mac = I am sure you might start with making your own OS :D
Dritz
Loosing interest in *nix? That's like saying you're loosing interest in sex.

It does, indeed, pull you back in... :P
"Willful ignorance is a crime"
Robby
(14-12-2012, 03:11 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: He won't lose interest, it always pulls you back in.

It's Ironic, I'm back on FreeBSD and back into C as well.
Lith
Rob, you learning 'C' because you're study or just want to know 'C' have you got the Book 'The C Programming Language' ?

How old are you btw (if ya don't mind) and how long you been at 'C' ? what about C++ ?

im learning HTML/XHTML (did try C++ years back but gave me a headache lol...)

What programs you got on ya system to 'code' in 'C' ???

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode