First Time you used 'Linux' ? - GNU/Linux
zygotb
I remember Breezey Badger being too heavy to run on a box which ran Win XP with acceptable responsiveness. (Pentium 3, 256 MB RAM)
It ran DOOM 3 OK, but GNOME was a damn slug, thus I stayed away until I got the netbook in the late part of 2008.
Even in 2008 GNOME ran like molasses on my low-spec rig, but Xfce changed my opinion for the better, and I began to embrace "Linux Xubuntu" and it's variants.
LOL.
Canonical even mailed me a free Ubuntu 8.10 install CD!
For a cheap bastard such as myself, I was an instant crusader for the linux!
Someone doesn't appreciate my php generated image!
totoro
It went something like this:

Ubuntu --> Mint --> Debian --> FreeBSD --> #!

I don't know why I didn't stick with FreeBSD...
Lith
Why not openbsd? :O
marcusant
(24-01-2013, 09:48 AM)Lith Wrote: Why not openbsd? :O

"I think the OpenBSD crowd is a bunch of masturbating monkeys, in that they make such a big deal about concentrating on security to the point where they pretty much admit that nothing else matters to them." (Linus Torvalds)
Joomla12
Started with Ubuntu 6.04 when I was twelve or so.
jazzycool
I first started out with ubuntu 10.10 downloaded from fastrack CD. Although it was awesome but I didn't get anything. Later on I searched and installed again, once I started getting the things. I tried peppermint, crunchbang, ubuntu 11.10 and now I am with linux mint 13. Linux is something that can be learned with an ease if you have interest.
eye
first time I bootet a LiveCD was to save my files from a Windows XP crash I think.

Used Knoppix 4.0 the year was 2005/6 can't remember anymore.
CrossFold
I first used linux when I was nine and it was dynebolic linux. If I remember it right, I had got a CD from the PC-World Magazine and just to give it a try, I used it. But then the curiosity started eating me up and I wanted to know how to use it.
TheHotBot
My first *nix distro was Debian back in 1996, then moved to slackware.
I actully have a slackware machine still running from 2003 (have restarted it twice).

when I went to school i used slax on my usb, we could only have windouche so i used my usb where ever i would go.

Me myself is a total slackware fanboy! :)

Today it is slackware, debian and Open/freebsd system that i run.
"TheHotBot" Aka NeverW8!

I can be seen on the IRC from time to time :)
zygotb
(06-02-2013, 09:36 AM)TheHotBot Wrote: My first *nix distro was Debian back in 1996, then moved to slackware.
I actully have a slackware machine still running from 2003 (have restarted it twice).

when I went to school i used slax on my usb, we could only have windouche so i used my usb where ever i would go.

Me myself is a total slackware fanboy! :)

Today it is slackware, debian and Open/freebsd system that i run.

Cool meng!
So you were using Debian at age 4?

Code:
TheHotBot
(HotBot)

Registration Date: 25-09-2012
Date of Birth: 24-06-1992 (20 years old)
Local Time: 06-02-2013 at 09:31 PM
Username Changes: 0
Someone doesn't appreciate my php generated image!

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode