Mechanical Love - Hardware talk
mrtn
My ErgoDox has arrived and is assembled. After trying them, I decided I store the Greens for now and built it with MX Browns. I'm really curious, how I'll find that layout in the next few weeks. If I somehow find it not as good as i hope, I might sell it and go with a Mistel Barocco or a VEA split.
wsaile
I recently built a 60%. I really like the Gateron Yellows. The PCB is a FaceW, and the plate and case came from a Norwegian company called Mekanisk.
Pieces Of Quiet
I used to have like 8 different boards, sold most of them now. Currently have an HHKB JP and a Diverge TM 2 with Gateron Clears.
Tmplt
I recently bought a Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2. I planned to replace my two-year old WASDkeyboard v2 with it, but I greatly prefer blue switches when it comes to playing FPS games. So I now have a dedicated keyboard for my gaming VM, lovely! No more messing with synergy and the like.

I do really enjoy writing and programming on this board, though. It sounds much better than blue switches.
Mafia
My AEKII is a dream(White Alps), currently looking for an original AEK to make into a 60% at sometime in the future. Also have my eye on a few vintage mechs at college I might be able to snag. Not really a fan of any newer boards, although HHKBs are pretty kewl.
mrtn
One day, I'll buy a hhkb - but the fact that no one i know has one and i'd have to buy it untested makes me anxious.
apk
what do you mean buy it untested?
mrtn
I've yet to have one in hand. No one here has one. The brick and mortar stores don't have hhkb's in stock - so i would basically buy it without laying a hand on one.
Mafia
(10-06-2017, 02:33 PM)mrtn Wrote: I've yet to have one in hand. No one here has one. The brick and mortar stores don't have hhkb's in stock - so i would basically buy it without laying a hand on one.

I mean hhkb's speak for themselves, there is a reason why they are so popular. You'd be pretty screwed buying nice boards if you won't buy one unless you can use it in person.
mrtn
But at least i know the switches feel.. I couldn't care less about the layout, the keycap-material and design - but i need to type on topre stems to know what i'd buy

> there is a reason why they are so popular.

Sometimes trends carry themselves... Like beats headphones for example. they sound totally shit and still a loot of people buy them because they are trend.

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode  |  Help