Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
jmbi
Long time nixers
Everyone knows about the Pi, but some of us are looking for more power and price isn't really an issue. I found this little device, which can run many 7" LVDS and Parallel RGB Screens which you can get for CHEAP.

Here is the link: http://boundarydevices.com/products/sabr...-imx6-sbc/

For $199 you get:
Code:
Quad-Core ARM® Cortex A9 processor at 1GHz
1GByte of 64-bit wide DDR3 @ 532MHz
Three display ports (RGB, LVDS, and HDMI 1.4a)
Two camera ports (1xParallel, 1x MIPI CSI-2)
Multi-stream-capable HD video engine delivering
H.264 1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode and 3-D video playback in HD
Triple Play Graphics system consisting of a Quad-shader 3D unit capable of 200MT/s, and a separate 2-D and separate OpenVG Vertex acceleration engine for superior 3D, 2D and user interface acceleration
Serial ATA 2.5 (SATA) at 3Gbps
Dual SD 3.0/SDXC card slots
PCIe port (1 lane)
Analog (headphone/mic) and Digital (HDMI) audio
Compact size (3″x3″)
10/100/Gb IEEE1588 Ethernet
10-pin JTAG interface
3 High speed USB ports (2xHost, 1xOTG)
1xCAN2 port
I2C
GPIOs

Now, I find that a pretty good deal. Here is a link to a cheap ass Parallel RGB screen that I may purchase (I'm pretty sure this is wholesale, so I might have to buy 10 or 20 minimum. But hey, they are $1-2 a piece)

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/TFT-...742854.htm

So yeah, post other small devices. I know the Raspberry Pi isn't for everyone.
meh
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
The efika mx series is sweet!
Mafia
Long time nixers
Sounds excellent but the price seems high, either way if I had the money I would buy it just to test it.
jmbi
Long time nixers
(26-02-2013, 02:53 AM)Mafia Wrote: Sounds excellent but the price seems high, either way if I had the money I would buy it just to test it.

Same, it is a bit pricey, but it's worth it in my opinion.
meh
jmbi
Long time nixers
I know what I am getting now, this isn't ARM, but it is a perfect portable Linux machine with an attachable WiFi card. Also, it uses the x86 architecture, so no ARM bullshit.

Link to the board and pics:
http://www.pcengines.ch/alix3d3.htm

[Image: alix3d3.jpg]
[Image: box2c2.jpg]
[Image: brk3c3b.jpg]

Another thing that I found interesting:
http://w.twam.info/hardware/alix/framebuffer-on-alix3d3

So this should be a perfect candidate for my portable Linux computer that I will be able to take with me on trips and run an IRC client amongst other fun apps. I also want to look into an VGA to LVDS converter board so I could use a small and portable screen with it. Also because of it's 500mhz processor, it uses incredibly low amounts of power; it might also be a cool project to use with solar panels.
jmbi
Long time nixers
(27-02-2013, 01:31 PM)NeoTerra Wrote:
(26-02-2013, 08:45 PM)jjumbii Wrote: a cool project to use with solar panels.

But why? Do your parents cut off the power after a certain hour too?

Hah, no, luckily. Why not? Exploring alternative forms of energy is something I have always found interesting, living off the grid is a cool concept and I would just like to learn more about solar technologies. Now, in the summer I do go to my fathers place in the middle of the mountains, no power there, and solar is an option.
meh
EmperorDAZ
Long time nixers
http://cubieboard.org/2013/06/19/cubieboard2-is-here/
Cubieboard:
  • RAM: 1GB DDR3
  • Chip: ARM® Cortexâ„¢-A7 Dual-Core
  • GPU: ARM® Mali400MP2, Complies with OpenGL ES 2.0/1.1
    • Ports:
    • 1 SATA
    • 2 USB
    • 1 USB OTG
    • 1 SDCARD
    • 1 HDMI
    • 1 Ethernet
    • Misc. stuff:
    • 1 Infra-red receiver
hades
Long time nixers
My Zipit is an alternative ARM device, I guess. Clocking in at 312 MHz with 32MB of RAM, it might not be much to write home about, but at a price tag of 20 bucks, it's the way to go if you want a cheap ARM linux setup that just works.
EmperorDAZ
Long time nixers
Newest Toy I bought for $149 USD (debugger is $99)
Well, not really a computer board like a RPi but rather a ARM based microcontroller dev / demo board.
[Image: 6TJ2e3U.png]
jobss
Long time nixers
There is the Odroid which uses Samsung's New Exynos5 series processors and their new octacore processor. Plan on getting one of these things and running xbmc and dolphin-emu.
The world is quaking from our Linux Thoughts!
Ippytraxx
Members
Got myself a Teensy 3.1 which has a ARM Cortext M4 CPU, OC@96Mhz. It has 34 fricking I/O pins and it's smaller than my thumb. Gonna use it to make the ultimate keyboard.

[Image: fPH]
tbuck153
Members
(30-12-2013, 10:47 PM)Ippytraxx Wrote: Got myself a Teensy 3.1 which has a ARM Cortext M4 CPU, OC@96Mhz. It has 34 fricking I/O pins and it's smaller than my thumb. Gonna use it to make the ultimate keyboard.

[Image: fPH]

Nice! I've always wanted to build a keyboard. I've seen a lot of talk about it on geekhack.org. If for some reason you haven't been there yet, check em out. There's also some nice stuff being sold in the classifieds most of the time. You could snatch up a nice aluminum case etc...
pvtmert
Members
did a quick find and 0 results found about pcduino, i have one and i placed it somewhere in my university (hahaha) installed tor and allowed hidden service hosting... connecting to it and pulling files at 100Mbps.

but it is v1, limited capacity... ~4gb of internal storage which is not enough for all apps so i put a microsd with 8gb storage and mounted it to /usr (i install everything which is why im using slackware... the less is packages less is bloatware)