FreeBSD problem - BSD

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Okeg
Long time nixers
So, guessing that there's an easy explanation to this bug, i'll write it briefly:
I use SpectrWM @ FreeBSD, sometimes when I am in other desktops(1,2,3 etc) my program from another desktop(only terminals, tho) will disappear.
But the programs are still running when I check with top.
Okeg
Long time nixers
(14-03-2013, 04:46 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: Disappear completely? Like you cannot find them at all?

Yes, like if someone closed the terminal.
I thent ried to start weechat and it said that it was already running, so i checked my other desktops, but... nothing!
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Did you get swm from git?
Okeg
Long time nixers
(15-03-2013, 08:33 AM)Beastie Wrote: Did you get swm from git?

Nope, i'll maybe try mcwm today :p
Okeg
Long time nixers
Update: Tried MCWM, I am stunned!
eventho i'm getting bullied by the so-called "tiling" wm elite. If they just know how mcwm were, they think it's alike openbox etc.
venam
Administrators
I did some new cool patches.
Don't forget to check them out and buzz us on the IRC if youd find a problem or a way to update it.
Beastie is also working on it.
He started doing the patches before me, during the summer.
The code is extremelly readable, clean and well done so it's a pleasure to hack it.
https://github.com/venam/mcwm-beast
Mafia
Long time nixers
mcwm aint got shit on fvwm2.
/conversationover
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
fvwm is slow compeared to mcwm. Too much features and complicated config file. :)
Mafia
Long time nixers
(15-03-2013, 03:28 PM)Beastie Wrote: fvwm is slow compeared to mcwm. Too much features and complicated config file. :)

Only for the non-elite
o7
Mafia
Long time nixers
(15-03-2013, 05:37 PM)shix Wrote:
(15-03-2013, 04:36 PM)NeoTerra Wrote:
(15-03-2013, 03:28 PM)Beastie Wrote: fvwm is slow compeared to mcwm. Too much features and complicated config file. :)

Muh minimalism

Because that .0001% performance boost is a must.

What NeoTerra said.

*Mafia, single char posts are discouraged.
-NeoTerra*