The "Check this out" thread - Desktop Customization & Workflow

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Phyrne
Long time nixers
Here's how it works

Take a moment to think about something you're glad you discovered or learned about in the *nix world, anything, anything at all that you would consider vital, helpful, exciting, a joy to learn or just plain awesome. It can range from an application, to hardware, to books or videos, to little tricks you've picked up along the way like different flags or shortcuts or alternatives.

Once you've thought of something, or maybe multiple things, you share it here!

I'd like to keep this thread constructive, so we're going to have some posting guidlines:

Here's how we're going to post

1. What it is summed up in a short synopsis.
2. Why you think it's worth posting here. You don't have to write an essay on it, but try to be descriptive.
3. Links to documentation/official project site or any other helpful resources if possible.

And that's it as far as posting your suggestion goes. In regard to responses, let's keep it clean people. I know we're all friends here, but no slating anyone's suggestions. We're all different, hell we're all *nix users, we like having choice ;) Though, that isn't to say you can't suggest alternatives.

If you're suggesting an alternative, you must state exactly why you think it is a better choice. Try and list some advantages.

I'd also like to say; you may post about something you're only just starting to learn about, are in the process of learning, or have only just discovered etc.

This is the "Check this out" thread, so keep an open mind and let's see what everyone's got to share!

Messages In This Thread
The "Check this out" thread - by Phyrne - 10-07-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: The "Check this out" thread - by Phyrne - 10-07-2013, 05:24 PM
RE: The "Check this out" thread - by kopri - 10-07-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: The "Check this out" thread - by Phyrne - 10-07-2013, 06:25 PM
RE: The "Check this out" thread - by kopri - 10-07-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: The "Check this out" thread - by Mafia - 11-07-2013, 04:54 AM
RE: The "Check this out" thread - by Phyrne - 11-07-2013, 11:00 AM
RE: The "Check this out" thread - by zygotb - 11-07-2013, 02:44 PM
RE: The "Check this out" thread - by FreeBSD - 11-07-2013, 06:02 PM
RE: The "Check this out" thread - by kopri - 11-07-2013, 06:49 PM