Installing OpenWRT on the Zipit Z2 for a $20 pocketable linux experience - Other Embedded Platforms and Hardware Hacking

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
hades
Long time nixers
(12-08-2013, 04:27 PM)ArchiMark Wrote: Excellent tutorial...and great timing as I got my Z2 last week.... ;-)

Got Z2 flashed and booting up OK...but trying now to get connected to wifi network....

Haven't managed to get connected to network yet...but according to info read on the http://chainxor.org/openwrt-zipit/ page z2 wifi is working...so, think the /etc/config/wireless needs some further tweaking....

Do I need to re-edit this file if I want to connect to a different network or is there an easy way to set things up so that it finds available networks and let me choose which to connect to?

Understand that the 'happy face' key is the 'esc' key. Do you know what key is the 'ctrl' key?

Also, what key combo do you use for the '(' and ')' characters?

Is there a keymap somewhere to look at?

Thanks for any assistance to this linux noob.... ;-)

Mark
I've been just editing the /etc/config/wireless file, but I think there's an easier way to connect - I just haven't looked for it. I'm sure the guys over on the #zipit irc channel would know...
On my zipit, the "..." Key is the ctrl key, and Shift plus the comma and period keys will make parentheses. I'll have to find the keymap, I'll come back and post the link when I find it

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing OpenWRT on the Zipit Z2 for a $20 pocketable linux experience - by hades - 12-08-2013, 09:27 PM