'pkg_search': A little wrapper script for searching/installing packages in OpenBSD - BSD

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Phyrne
Long time nixers
Sup guys, just a short thread this evening.

I wanted to share with you a little wrapper I've written for pkg_info & pkg_add that allows the user to search for and install packages in OpenBSD in a seamless and intuitive manner.

pkg_info and pkg_add are great tools on their own, but taped together with a few utils, they function really nicely as a single tool!

So I threw together pkg_search. It queries the package database for the given string, spits out a numbered list of results of package names containing the search string and offers the user the ability to install the desired package by providing the associated number.

[Image: example.png]

It has no dependancies, it's a simple little korn shell script that uses already included tools.

So, feel free to use it, change it, abuse it, do whatever. It's not supposed to be a replacement for anything, or a game-changer, just a useful little tool, I tend to use it whenever installing packages, so figured I'd share.

Feedback is appreciated of course!

Enjoy ;)

Messages In This Thread
'pkg_search': A little wrapper script for searching/installing packages in OpenBSD - by Phyrne - 18-08-2013, 07:14 PM