Anybody interested in a UnixHub Gentoo Overlay? - GNU/Linux

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
jobss
Long time nixers
(02-09-2013, 01:24 AM)crshd Wrote: Finding out who you need to yell at when something blows up can be easily done by looking at who commited it to the repo.

I'm all for taking requests. But whipping up an ebuild usually doesn't take a long time, so keeping the OP updated with a list of ebuilds currently being worked on is somewhat pointless IMO. Instead, I would propose to use github's issue tracker. Submit a bug report to request an ebuild to be added to the repo. I think that would be the better way to organize such a task than trying to use the forums. Everybody can quickly see open and filled requests, and if somebody feels up to the task, they can make and ebuild and push it, closing the issue. This way, you'll have another place where you can immediately see who did what.

(01-09-2013, 10:25 AM)sticky Wrote: Let me find a guide on how to make Ebuilds, then I'll push passgen into the repo.

How about [Gentoo's Development Guide](http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/index.html)?

That sounds so much easier, I never got around to use github to post things.
The world is quaking from our Linux Thoughts!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody interested in a UnixHub Gentoo Overlay? - by jobss - 02-09-2013, 09:40 AM