Battlestations! - Desktop Customization & Workflow
vompatti

from left to right: laptop (on the floor for some reason), raspberry pi and my desktop :P
lolimsoasd
Acer Aspire One ZG5 - Arch & fluxbox
HP 6730s (worst laptop, don't buy it) - Ubuntu 12
Desktop PC dual screen, AMD FX6100, 8GB, 120SSD, 2x GTX 550Ti - Win7 Ultimate
ASUS X71SL laptop - Win7 Ultimate & OS X Leopard

also link to picture - it's huge
http://i.imgur.com/9a1TF.jpg
Jolia
Here you are my MBPr with 27" & 19" screens. Pi is running under my desk :)

D9u
Here's my old Acer Aspire One ZG5.
Better than a phone.
Better than nothing!

Booting into Fedora.

GRUB.

Stickers!

BSD is what you get when a bunch of Unix hackers sit down to try to port a Unix system to the PC.
Linux is what you get when a bunch of PC hackers sit down and try to write a Unix system for the PC.
D9u

Hmm...
BSD is what you get when a bunch of Unix hackers sit down to try to port a Unix system to the PC.
Linux is what you get when a bunch of PC hackers sit down and try to write a Unix system for the PC.
Jolia
Nice! I have approximately the view on my iPhone :)
Phyrne
Left to right: [Raspberry Pi, Arch Linux, waiting for Razor-qt to compile] > [External monitor for my MacBook Air] + [MacBook Air running Arch Linux]

Not the best quality I know, but it was just a quick snap :)
Jolia
(30-09-2012, 08:46 PM)Phyrne Wrote: Left to right: [Raspberry Pi, Arch Linux, waiting for Razor-qt to compile] > [External monitor for my MacBook Air] + [MacBook Air running Arch Linux]

I want to know if the battery life is the same with *nix? (without OS X)
Phyrne
(01-10-2012, 04:33 AM)Jolia Wrote:
(30-09-2012, 08:46 PM)Phyrne Wrote: Left to right: [Raspberry Pi, Arch Linux, waiting for Razor-qt to compile] > [External monitor for my MacBook Air] + [MacBook Air running Arch Linux]

I want to know if the battery life is the same with *nix? (without OS X)

Yup, after a fair bit of messing aound, I get between 6 and 8 hours :) I did some blog posts on it: this post details the actual hacks, the initial post is just me ranting about usage and different types of software and their affect on power consumption
Jolia
Wicked :D

Thanks man! Gonna read the article soon!

Members  |  Stats  |  Night Mode