ArchBSD - BSD

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
atbd
Members
Hey
I just discovered this BSD and wonder if there is any user of it in here ?
It seems to be quite rare and unknown.
jmbi
Long time nixers
(10-05-2015, 03:32 PM)atbd Wrote: Hey
I just discovered this BSD and wonder if there is any user of it in here ?
It seems to be quite rare and unknown.

One of our users actually made it (Amzo), I've seen that it is still maintained but I don't know anyone around here who uses it.
Never heard of it.
Wildefyr
Long time nixers
It's a pretty small project.. If I had more experience with BSD I might actually contribute to it as I <3 pacman.
neeasade
Grey Hair Nixers
(11-05-2015, 12:00 AM)Wildefyr Wrote: It's a pretty small project.. If I had more experience with BSD I might actually contribute to it as I <3 pacman.

:)
https://github.com/icy/pacapt
jobss
Long time nixers
I always wanted to install ArchBSD but never got around to it. And I had no idea that the creator was a former member of Nixers.
Webtm
Members
I've looked into it. I've also looked into just FreeBSD, and there is no support for RTL8118CE. Which is the deal breaker for me.
atbd
Members
(10-05-2015, 09:00 PM)jmbi Wrote: One of our users actually made it (Amzo), I've seen that it is still maintained but I don't know anyone around here who uses it.

Good to know.

I'll give it a try in a VM. Just for fun, I'm curious :)
srp
Long time nixers
I'm not sure if the actual OS is being maintained, but packages are added/updated everyday. Use at your own risk, documentation is scarce (IIRC).
~Seraphim R.P.
the artistnixer formerly known as vypr formerly known as sticky
atbd
Members
For now I just have fun in some VM with few OS ;)
Staying in Arch stuff, I'd like to try ArchHurd but it seems pretty dead to me ...