Poll: Name?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
nixers.net 14 48.28%
nixhub.net 4 13.79%
slienz.it 11 37.93%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Choice for a new community name. - Community & Forums Related Discussions

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
As you have probably heard, Neo decided to keep the domain name for him.
dcat
Members
it seems you forgot to add slienz.it to the list.
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
slienz.it or rice.it are fads that aren't going to last long :p
nrmc.dubz
Long time nixers
The Sith code transcripted to slienz.it
Code:
kernel.dll is a lie, there is only nix
Through nix, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain the power to serve.
Through the power to serve, I gain community.
through community, my chains are broken.
The slienz shall free me.
SpongeboZZ; Bikini Bottom Mafia/
You're cock-sucker, bitch/ silence while godfathers speech/
yeah/ da plancton in muh blunt/ gangster squarepants witha gun/
Sponge iz the bozz in da buiz/ you're creating silly trash/
i'm creating hollywood shit/
DotDev
Long time nixers
I like slienz.it

Here the unix topia shall come true :p
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
I just bought nixers.net !
eye
Members
nixsersdotnet ftw
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Multiple choices are allowed !
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
I don't think unixhub sounds much better than nixers but I came up with both tough, so I must be biased.
Mafia
Long time nixers
What the hell does slienz even mean? These fads are getting more abundant and more stupid by the minute.
The best one up there is nixers.net
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Yeah slienz.it isn't a serious choice :)
dcat
Members
to everyone wondering, yes, slienz.it is a serious choice.
yrmt just doesn't want to admit defeat to the mighty slienz.

may the slienz be with you all.
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
I have no problem with using slienz.it as well :)
Test-Run
Members
I just wonder why you would want to use slienz.it, when it does not even make sense to me? What would it even mean to other people?
Not to mention the fact that is a crap name when you type it in, people will type silence or so; which would mean we would loose possible members.
If you want good SEO use something simple that makes sense, which (*)nixers.net does in my opinion.

Test-Run
Joomla12
Quote: I just wonder why you would want to use slienz.it, when it does not even make sense to me? What would it even mean to other people?
Not to mention the fact that is a crap name when you type it in, people will type silence or so; which would mean we would loose possible members.
If you want good SEO use something simple that makes sense, which (*)nixers.net does in my opinion.

Test-Run

Only morons would misspell it. I don't have people typing "basementlabs" when they come to my site. Good SEO can be done with any domain. Since this is MyBB, it'd be incredibly easy. Protip, set up thread tags if you're really that concerned about bringing in hordes of people. Google has crawled this site for two years. A domain switch won't cause much. "nixers" sounds way too try hard anyway.
zygotb
Long time nixers
Looks as if nixers won.
Test-Run
Members
(19-03-2014, 05:50 PM)Joomla12 Wrote:
Quote: I just wonder why you would want to use slienz.it, when it does not even make sense to me? What would it even mean to other people?

Test-Run

Only morons would misspell it. I don't have people typing "basementlabs" when they come to my site. Good SEO can be done with any domain. Since this is MyBB, it'd be incredibly easy. Protip, set up thread tags if you're really that concerned about bringing in hordes of people. Google has crawled this site for two years. A domain switch won't cause much. "nixers" sounds way too try hard anyway.

So let me get this straight:
You call everybody who misspells a name a moron
Think nobody ever typed http://basementla.bs/ or http://basementlabz.com/
And claim that you know shit about SEO while you have 104 shit backlinks (HF.net for real?)?

Come on, Joomla you are better than selling BS. Even nixers.net has better SEO than you have right now. (Backlink wise)

Sorry for off-topic.
OT: nixers.net will always have better SEO than slienz.it.
No matter how hard you try, but don't take my word for it,
learn the shit yourself if you don't believe me. :D

Test-Run
ajac
Members
[x] vnixhub.net
Members
nixers.net sounds nice
Joomla12
(21-03-2014, 12:46 PM)Test-Run Wrote: So let me get this straight:
You call everybody who misspells a name a moron
Think nobody ever typed http://basementla.bs/ or http://basementlabz.com/
And claim that you know shit about SEO while you have 104 shit backlinks (HF.net for real?)?

Come on, Joomla you are better than selling BS. Even nixers.net has better SEO than you have right now. (Backlink wise)

Sorry for off-topic.
OT: nixers.net will always have better SEO than slienz.it.
No matter how hard you try, but don't take my word for it,
learn the shit yourself if you don't believe me. :D

Only reason HF is there is because I advertised the site once on there, and HF is the largest MyBB community in existence. Other than that, I don't advertise it or even bother with SEO because the seedbox is the main focus of the site, which is private. Though I honestly doubt anyone has ever used ".bs" as the TLD since, y'know, that doesn't exist. I make it fairly clear that I have a Belize domain when posting the URL to my site. I've even found posts on other sites linking to mine for the ROMs and chiptunes, so yeah, I'd say if someone misspells it, they're a moron. And quite frankly, I couldn't give a fuck about attracting people to my site. There's nothing there other than ROMs, and the less people that know about that, the less DMCA requests I have to deal with. Even if Nixers has more backlinks, look at how popular this shit hole is now. Oh, enjoy your pretentious leader. He doesn't know shit about security considering this place just got pwned so fucking easily.
Lith
Long time nixers
(18-04-2014, 01:38 AM)Joomla12 Wrote: Oh, enjoy your pretentious leader. He doesn't know shit about security considering this place just got pwned so fucking easily.

I must say Joomla12 has a good point to make, the heartbleed was well known yrmt should have patched it a lot sooner
venam
Administrators
(18-04-2014, 01:38 AM)Joomla12 Wrote: Oh, enjoy your pretentious leader.
He's an admin, he's certainly not a leader.
On the other hand, I get your point about keeping up to date with security patches.