Hacking video contest [finished] - Community & Forums Related Discussions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Adrift
Members
@z3bra, apologies, it was linked in the mechanical love thread -- which I now won't link, I ASSumed by accident and didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle. Will edit it out.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
I'd like to thank adrift, quark and venam for their participation in this compilation! You guys all submitted awesome videos, and I'll do my best to sublime them.
So far I have all the videos resized and stamped with the nicknames. The intro is also finished, and I have a command to concatenate them all.

All I need now is a nice music to add, and probably a quick outro. For the outro, I already have an idea. For the music, not at all...
Venam suggested a procedural C program, like the ones submitted by vain in this thread: https://nixers.net/showthread.php?tid=1906

For info, the compil' is around 6 minutes longs. So it would be great to avoid having a 10 seconds sound file looping all over the video.
venam
Administrators
(10-08-2016, 05:40 AM)venam Wrote: I'd like to thank adrift, quark and venam for their participation in this compilation!
Didn't you submit one too...Congratulate yourself!

(10-08-2016, 05:15 AM)z3bra Wrote: For info, the compil' is around 6 minutes longs. So it would be great to avoid having a 10 seconds sound file looping all over the video.
I've used bensound.com for royalty free music in the podcast.
All you have to do to use it is to say you've taken the song from their website, give them credits.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
(10-08-2016, 05:40 AM)venam Wrote:
Quote:I'd like to thank adrift, quark and venam for their participation in this compilation!
Didn't you submit one too...Congratulate yourself!

Haha yeah, I'd like to throw a big thanks to ME, for being so awesome!

(10-08-2016, 05:40 AM)venam Wrote: I've used bensound.com for royalty free music in the podcast.

I'll take a look at it, thanks!
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
Compilation is out! Check out the first post for the links of all mirrors. If you want to mirror it, drop me a line and I'll update the post.
venam
Administrators
(11-08-2016, 12:12 PM)z3bra Wrote: Compilation is out! Check out the first post for the links of all mirrors. If you want to mirror it, drop me a line and I'll update the post.
This. Is. Epic!

Kudos for everyone that participated, thanks a lot to z3bra for organizing and compiling everything.

I find it fascinating how different the submissions are.
Adrift
Members
I think this was a great idea. I enjoyed the concept.

I liked putting shit and giggle getting stuff in there, while indulging what my fifteen year old self thought hacking was.

And futher enjoyed others take on it the whole thing. I wouldn't mind more things like this, every so often with more participation.

I always like watching screencast.
mushmouth
Members
I mirroed the video at media goblin. https://goblinrefuge.com/mediagoblin/u/m.../m/nixers/