Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
danieljamespost
Registered
Hi Everyone,

My name is Daniel and I am excited to have found a great community of fellow nixers here. I've been using Linux on and off since I was 12 and needed a free operating system to put on my parents old computer that I had been tinkering with. Over the last couple of years I started to get back into programming and learning more about the tools that I use. I have been slowly teaching myself C in an effort to better understand how my system operates and ultimately create tools of my own. My goal is to get to a point of proficiency where I can give back to the community that I've so greatly benefited from.

I am currently running a simple setup with Arch, dwm, st, and other minimal applications. I'd love to ditch systemd and I'm thinking about trying some experiments with sinit. Who knows, maybe I'll even give one of the BSD OS's a try. ;)

At any rate, I look forward to getting to know you all. Thank you for building a great community.

-Daniel
venam
Administrators
Welcome to the forums, glad you found us.
jkl
Long time nixers
Welcome to a better world. Let us help you skip the Linuces. :)

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
Steph
Long time nixers
Hey hey, welcome to the forums.
xero
Long time nixers
Quote:welcome to nixers