Help With URNN - Unix Ricing Neural Network - Desktop Customization & Workflow

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
venam
Administrators
Hello nixers,
This thread is to ask a bit of help with the URNN (Unix Ricing Neural Network) project.

Simply put, it's a neural network that can automatically generate a very coherent terminal colorscheme with your background or give you the main colors your background should have based on the terminal colorscheme.

Quote:Explanation: On the IOtek Telegram group there was a conversation about AI and it drifted towards what we like doing, unix ricing. We began brainstorming what a Unix ricing AI would do. A bit later we started considering building one. Jmbi and I put real ideas together. We settled to use the FANN (Fast Artificial Neural Network) library and a simpler idea than the brainstormed ones.

The network works both ways, the inputs and outputs are the wallpaper and the terminal colorscheme.

In a nutshell, if you input a wallpaper it’ll give you a nice terminal colorscheme to go with it, or, if you input a terminal colorscheme it’ll give you a list of colors that should be present in your wallpaper.

https://github.com/iotek/urnn

We need more data to train the network.
Fork the repo, add your terminal colorscheme with the related background to the images directory (respect the format) and do a pull request.

At the moment we are missing pale colorschemes.

Some outputs:
[Image: CG8ZGqZ.png]
[Image: 84nIYJl.png]
[Image: 687474703a2f2f7075622e696f74656b2e6f7267...372e706e67]
[Image: N0k]
[Image: wG8Fd90.png]

(ノ^∇^)
neeasade
Grey Hair Nixers
This is really cool looking!

so, pairs of colorschemes and wallpapers are more input data to train it?
venam
Administrators
(21-08-2015, 02:14 PM)neeasade Wrote: so, pairs of colorschemes and wallpapers are more input data to train it?
Indeed, the training set is composed of pairs of wallpapers with their associated colorschemes.

For those interested, here are some of the newest outputs on wallpapers that weren't in the training set:
[Image: vhTj9zq.png]
[Image: nBMMXv4.png]
[Image: QPDnQzb.png]
[Image: xzUveTc.png]
[Image: 6ianRYL.png]
[Image: VOTEaE3.png]
[Image: mWpHBQG.png]
[Image: oyQhwYt.png]
[Image: JxiBe5s.png]
[Image: tcAK5Jw.png]
[Image: YyRXROw.png]
neeasade
Grey Hair Nixers
is there a preferred color format? my term colors are in termite's config but I can put them in Xresources format easily if that's more convenient.
venam
Administrators
(21-08-2015, 03:15 PM)neeasade Wrote: is there a preferred color format? my term colors are in termite's config but I can put them in Xresources format easily if that's more convenient.
Currently there's a script to extract and another to convert from the .Xresources to the input format for the network.

That format:
Code:
*background: #202120
*foreground: #a3a494
*color0: #161a1d
*color1: #264b4a
*color2: #6b6139
*color3: #5b5c49
*color4: #858385
*color5: #b5a394
*color6: #6ea298
*color7: #afafc3
*color8: #b2b0b2
*color9: #ceb5a9
*color10: #e8d092
*color11: #ac9d7b
*color12: #c2bba4
*color13: #ebe2c4
*color14: #d9eee0
*color15: #efe3d7

You can add the termite configuration file if you are able to add to the extraction feature to the script.
This is nice, thanks for sharing!
venam
Administrators
I should have posted those here before anywhere else.
URNN+dkeg's 2bwmColor script.

[Image: hp70r3o.png]
[Image: WZXJ7yU.jpg]
[Image: QHY404d.png]
[Image: PF2Kf18.png]
neeasade
Grey Hair Nixers
urnn with a tiling wallpaper:
https://sr.ht/Id_j.png