How to change the defaut grey bg of apps - Desktop Customization & Workflow

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
pfr
Nixers
Noob question, and rather than try to explain it, here is a scrot:

[Image: term-bg-000.png]

I haven't found any config files online for nmon or gtypist. Vis has a config file in which you can change the bg color but how can you disable the bg color all together so that it's transparent (or simply use the terminals defaults).

Cheers
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
“Maybe you have some bird ideas... Maybe that's the best you can do.” - Terry A. Davis (R.I.P Terry & Percival)
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
You just hope that said software allows for using a different background color than "light black". Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't…

Either patch it if you have access to the source, or make "light black" the same color as your terminal background color (which can, obviously, have some bad side effects)
pfr
Nixers
(04-12-2020, 05:05 AM)z3bra Wrote: Either patch it if you have access to the source,

I'm assuming that If I want no bg color and want to keep my terminal transparency I'll need to patch. I guess I'll give that a crack.

Personally I don't think it should be up to the app developer to decide what background I should have in my terminal. Anyway, thanks for the reply.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
“Maybe you have some bird ideas... Maybe that's the best you can do.” - Terry A. Davis (R.I.P Terry & Percival)