Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Jayro
Long time nixers
Hello Everyone!

I saw Neoterra's announcement on the forums main page wishing everyone a merry Christmas and would like to do the same!

Our community has grown so much since it was started this past summer, and what a wonderful community it is.

I want to personally thank Neoterra and Beastie for evolving such an awesome community and dedicating their time to us. It's people like you guys that make this fun. I want to thank jjumbii as well for donating the server space for our IRC server and maintaining it.

As the server administrator I feel I should make you guys aware of some of my plans over the new year.

1. I plain on finally fixing the storage bug in our webmail application.
2. I will be doing a couple of minor upgrades on the server aswell, but nothing should be noticeable by the end user.
3. I am starting a new project called Blithost, with which I will be offering free web space to geeks or developers who need a place to play. Feel free to message me if anyone is interested in such a thing.

Again, Thank you team.

Merry Christmas everyone!

PS. If you do not celebrate Christmas, then Happy non-denominational winter holiday to you!
venam
Administrators
Finally you'll fix the error that happened after the server upgrade in the webmail :)
I might be interested in the point 3, I may host some projects under the UH licence (someone has to write one some day)
Happy New Year!
TheHotBot
Long time nixers
Merry Christmas to all of you! :D
This is a great little community, with great people spread out the globe.
It is just awesome.

/NeverW8
"TheHotBot" Aka NeverW8!

I can be seen on the IRC from time to time :)
crshd
Registered
(20-12-2012, 03:29 AM)venam Wrote: UH licence (someone has to write one some day)

Maybe a modified WTFPL?

Anyways, I don't celebrate Christmas, but I'm still wishing everybody a happy new year!

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCA/IT d-(---)@ s+: a-- C+++(++++)$ UBL*+++ P+++>++++ L++ E W+++$ !N !o K !w !O M+>++ !V PS+++ PE !Y PGP+ !t-- !5 !X R@ tv- b+ DI D+ G e h r++ y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Jayro
Long time nixers
(20-12-2012, 05:10 AM)crshd Wrote:
(20-12-2012, 03:29 AM)venam Wrote: UH licence (someone has to write one some day)

Maybe a modified WTFPL?

Anyways, I don't celebrate Christmas, but I'm still wishing everybody a happy new year!

Have a happy nondenominational winter holiday :)
Lith
Long time nixers
Merry Christmas fella's

wooooo !
venam
Administrators
...And don't forget to add in the licence the "I don't take responsibilities for what you do with this program" like that we can code hacking softwares without having to fear anyone.
Mafia
Long time nixers
I am interested in number three :>
Jayro
Long time nixers
(20-12-2012, 06:49 PM)Mafia Wrote: I am interested in number three :>

Awesome. I will be working on Blithost over the holidays and will keep everyone here on UnixHub posted.
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
I love you all, I'm very happy with what this community has become over the few month we have spent together. I have managed to make new friends, teach some things about unix, argue about the best Operating System, argue about the best text editor, showing the best desktop I can think of and most of all, I learned a lot of things from UH members.

A very happy winter holidays to you all and I wish everyone to get more knowledge in Unix everyday thanks to this awesome community :)

Jayro, Neoterra: <3.

Your favourite idiot,

Beastie.
jmbi
Long time nixers
Thanks Jayro, this place is great.
Jayro
Long time nixers
It`s Christmas! I hope everyone is having a good day and has received lots of new geeky toys to play with!!
gurhush
Long time nixers
Merry Christmas, everyone!
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
I got a pullover, a t-shirt and shampoo and my gift is ski holidays so no new toys for me now :s
Mafia
Long time nixers
So far I got nothing, let's see how my day pans out..
Jayro
Long time nixers
I got an amp and sub woofer combo for my car! As well as tons of gift cards and clothes.
zygotb
Long time nixers
I got drunk, then got laid.
Someone doesn't appreciate my php generated image!
zygotb
Long time nixers
It was just another day...
Someone doesn't appreciate my php generated image!