Nixers Podcast ideas and talks - Community & Forums Related Discussions

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
venam
Administrators
(17-11-2014, 10:44 PM)LibertarianBroci Wrote: Instead of doing all of this at one specific moment in time, we should divide the podcast into the individual segments with people of a similar schedule or time zone. Then we will not have to worry about microscheduling everything and can easily just splice everything together later on. The individual segments could have a common topic like.... "Optimization of Keybindings", "Secrets of Vim", "BSD Secrets", etc.

However this removes the excitement and conversation parts of the podcast which could be the funniest things.
venam
Administrators
Z3bra got everything running fine the way we want on mumble. Let's organize our time and who's going to speak now.
My time is GMT+2, I'm in for the weekends.
I can prepare a talk about nixers news and maybe a bit of *nix diary.
jmbi
Long time nixers
(20-11-2014, 01:03 AM)venam Wrote: Z3bra got everything running fine the way we want on mumble. Let's organize our time and who's going to speak now.
My time is GMT+2, I'm in for the weekends.
I can prepare a talk about nixers news and maybe a bit of *nix diary.

Sounds good, I am GMT - 5, weekends sounds good to me too. I have a segment prepared which is kinda like a tutorial/guide of something that's never been done before.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
GMT+1 here. This week-end would be perfect for me :)

Woah jmbi you kinda make me curious... I guess we need to settle on a subject we're all comfortable with at first. Like a list of must-have application, or reviewing common tasks and trying to "optimize" them using basic tools (like taking a screenshot and upload it, trying out a software and packaging it, ...)

I got plenty of ideas in fact, but I don't know how this could go over a podcast
xero
Long time nixers
(21-11-2014, 06:34 AM)z3bra Wrote: I got plenty of ideas in fact, but I don't know how this could go over a podcast

i did random spots on my college radio station back in the day... (man, thinking about this makes me miss doing "ask a hacker")
make an outline, then try talking through it yourself and time it. do it a few times and write down your favorite quotes/sentences. after a few "takes" you'll known almost exactly what to say. it is difficult to speak about technical issues concisely. you just need to decide exactly what you want to say, then get rid of the rest.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
Thanks for the advice ;) It will be useful, for sure ;)
RoastPotatoes
Long time nixers
I'm going to need a microphone.
eye
Members
would love this, just to hear venam's voice
venam
Administrators
Please send me your available time schedule and what you're going to talk about so I can arrange the show.
RoastPotatoes
Long time nixers
(22-11-2014, 08:07 AM)venam Wrote: Please send me your available time schedule and what you're going to talk about so I can arrange the show.
If you were referring to me. I really don't to hold up production of the podcast. I really don't have a microphone.
venam
Administrators
(22-11-2014, 09:22 AM)RoastPotatoes Wrote:
(22-11-2014, 08:07 AM)venam Wrote: Please send me your available time schedule and what you're going to talk about so I can arrange the show.
If you were referring to me. I really don't to hold up production of the podcast. I really don't have a microphone.
I don't either but as we found out with z3bra using your phone as the microphone works superbly and it solves a lot of problems.
So anyone with a smartphone or good mic is eligible to be a speaker.
RoastPotatoes
Long time nixers
Would a google doc be a good idea for scheduling?
jmbi
Long time nixers
Getting a lot of clicking noise when recording using Mumble, hopefully we can resolve that somehow.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
Okay, that's gonna be easier:

https://titanpad.com/iOlJnswcmI
RoastPotatoes
Long time nixers
It got a little defaced at one point
fayesafe
Long time nixers
i am pretty excited about what this is going to be like. imho a great idea for the community!
RoastPotatoes
Long time nixers
(22-11-2014, 07:20 PM)fayesafe Wrote: i am pretty excited about what this is going to be like. imho a great idea for the community!

I both like and appreciate your enthusiasm.
venam
Administrators
So the official podcast will be next week at 3PM GMT.
If you want to participate buzz me with a pm or add yourself to the titanpad.
RoastPotatoes
Long time nixers
What day?
venam
Administrators
Probably Saturday, if you have a problem with the schedule we can still change it.
venam
Administrators
Last call, who's going to be on the podcast tomorrow?
venam
Administrators
The podcast is postpone because we only have 2 speakers. z3bra and jmbi cannot do the podcast this week.
RoastPotatoes
Long time nixers
(29-11-2014, 07:02 AM)venam Wrote: The podcast is postpone because we only have 2 speakers. z3bra and jmbi cannot do the podcast this week.

Ok that's a shame. But it will happen sometime.
venam
Administrators
(29-11-2014, 12:17 PM)RoastPotatoes Wrote:
(29-11-2014, 07:02 AM)venam Wrote: The podcast is postpone because we only have 2 speakers. z3bra and jmbi cannot do the podcast this week.

Ok that's a shame. But it will happen sometime.

Certainly, it will!
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
I'm sorry about that. i had some family obligations this week end.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
May we reschedule it ? I really want this to happen !
venam
Administrators
(04-12-2014, 06:05 AM)z3bra Wrote: May we reschedule it ? I really want this to happen !

Certainly, we need to agree on a time.
I'm in for this Saturday at 3PM GMT.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
I'll not be avail on sunday bofore 18pm this week-end though :/
venam
Administrators
(05-12-2014, 07:37 AM)z3bra Wrote: I'll not be avail on sunday bofore 18pm this week-end though :/

I can be available at that time. Is there anyone else available too?
RoastPotatoes
Long time nixers
I don't think I am. I'll be in Swansea for the evening.