Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
kopri
Long time nixers
One of the good things about a community like this is there is a little bit of everything. One person has something another does not vis-versa. I got to thinking we should list some of the services we run here, and trade for things we need. For example I needed from extra space for storage and sticky had some extra space on his VPS. I let him use my DNS in exchange. It could be anything BNC's, NTP. subdomains, shells, VPN, etc.
crshd
Registered
This is a great idea!

I got ZNC running on my VPS; if anybody is interested, contact me in this thread, via PM, or (preferably) on IRC.
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
I'd be interested crshd!
dcoppa
Members
(30-09-2013, 10:38 AM)NeoTerra Wrote: I run the gaming server, which has mumble too. If anyone wanted their own Mumble channel or something, I'd be fine with setting something up.

Seriously? I'd like to join, to test a OpenBSD port of mumble I'm working on..
shtols
Long time nixers
I've got an encrypted pastebin (based on ZeroBin) set-up here. Feel free to use.
venam
Administrators
I've got nothing else to offer other than some of my time, some of my patience, and some of my knowledge.(aka poor fag in a shitty country)
If you need my help buzz me!
srp
Long time nixers
I'm in the works of a git server dedicated to my projects as well as unixhub's. More info soon.

Edit: Going good, making new topic.
~Seraphim R.P.
the artistnixer formerly known as vypr formerly known as sticky
hades
Long time nixers
If anyone wants, I can make some pretty good websites, and I don't charge much (I need sites for my portfolio) and, of course, if you don't like the site I make, no payment is required. I'm good with front-end design and know a ton of PHP, plus the basics of a lot of other server-side languages.
Jayro
Long time nixers
For those who don't know, I give out @unixhub.net email accounts.
exaem
Members
(06-10-2013, 05:38 PM)Jayro Wrote: For those who don't know, I give out @unixhub.net email accounts.

Can I have one pl0x
trgc
Members
(06-10-2013, 06:22 PM)exaem Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 05:38 PM)Jayro Wrote: For those who don't know, I give out @unixhub.net email accounts.

Can I have one pl0x

^
berk
Long time nixers

Can I have one please? :)
jobss
Long time nixers
Me to please :D
The world is quaking from our Linux Thoughts!
kirby
Long time nixers
I guess I'll take one if it's alright :)
hades
Long time nixers
I had one before the site crashed, and it's gone now.. so.. can I has hadenodom@unixhub.net again?
kopri
Long time nixers
I love my unixhub email address, it just looks cool haha.
zygotb
Long time nixers
I keep forgetting my login credentials...
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
I have a Quake 3 server set up (running on demand, as it take some resources) with defrag mod installed. I can also host Free-for-all / Team death match games. If anyone is interested, I can participate to those gaming nights :)
I am also planning to set up a cube 2 : sauerbraten server. Well, it's on my TODO list ...
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER
kopri
Long time nixers
I'm now running a OpenVPN server and ZNC IRC bouncer. Email me for details at kopri@unixhub.net.
kirby
Long time nixers
(13-10-2013, 06:49 PM)z3bra Wrote: I am also planning to set up a cube 2 : sauerbraten server. Well, it's on my TODO list ...

I love Cube 2, shoot me a message when it's done and I'll install it again.
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
It is. And it's also easy to play ! If we can be 6/8, games can be really fun. There are also some interestings mods like the zombie one
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
Oh, okay. Good to hear =) If you want, I can give you the config files I use to run my Quake 3 server. CVars are the same for openarena.
BANGARANG, MOTHERFUCKER
Hans Hackett
Members
^ Can I have one, too ? :-) cause it looks cool

But the way, it is my pleasure to contribute my ebook collection to this pool.
Sharing is caring, why not ?

:-)
hades
Long time nixers
I could try setting up one of my old desktops with SSH and give accounts to folks who ask nicely. It would give me some good experience with server administration.
Basically, any unixhub member would get (for free):
SSH access
~ 5 Gb of storage (or more or less, depending on how many people join and how much space I have)
Reasonable bandwidth limits (I'm limited to 20Gb of download a month, so I'd probably make it so that, overall, the Server would be limited to 10Gb of bandwidth a month)
Access to package manager for installing, but not removing packages (this might be tricky)

Basically, a VPN for unixhub members.

Let me know if anyone's interested.
venam
Administrators
I would really be interested in a little shell account with some HD space.
:D
exaem
Members

No way do you want people to be able to install their own programs.
Mafia
Long time nixers
I'd love that dbcooper, although you might want to sit on the idea for a bit and come up with a secure way to do such things.
shtols
Long time nixers
Is there any way to donate? I remember a posting, but I can't find it.
shtols
Long time nixers
I am so blind .. thanks. ;_;
hades
Long time nixers
Yeah, I thought about it some, and I definitely won't be able to set up shell accounts at my place - my dad has a strict rule about turning all computers off while we're asleep at night (the only electronic devices he says should be on at night are the fridge/freezer and the central air system). That, and my best desktop is a single-core 2GHz at the most, so it would struggle.