Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
jkl
Long time nixers
Hi,

after having had nixers.net in my search results a couple of times, I decided to say Hi myself. Being at work, I can't join the IRC here (well, I could through WebIRC, but I prefer to use my ZNC...), but I promise I'll come later. ;-)

About myself: Being a Windows user and developer since the mid-90s, I occasionally keep some Unix at hand. After my last Debian had destroyed itself some years ago during a regular update (talk Quality Assurance in the GNU world...), I completely and exclusively switched to BSD; except my Windows machine, I have an OpenBSD laptop, an OpenBSD server and a FreeBSD server under my control. I plan to check out NetBSD some time soon, too.

I spend a lot of time creating neat utilities in various languages just to learn these languages. My latest completed project is a Common Lisp shell script which creates and updates RSS feeds from quite any (non-Flash) website, my next project (which has made a good progress yet) is a static blog compiler in C++17. (I might document the progress here on Nixers if you are interested. Currently, it works, but there are no monthly archives or oEmbeds yet.)

Also, I randomly write Mozilla extensions.

So: Hi, everyone!

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
venam
Administrators
Sweet!
Welcome jkl to our forums.

Almost everyone here is working on some interesting project which is cool.
You'll find your place amongst us.
ChefIronBelly
Members
Welcome jkl to the forums.

So many cool things being done here.

Enjoy.
jkl
Long time nixers
Thanks, you two. :)

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
We dont have much windows users here. Glad to see someone playing in both worlds, welcome here!
jkl
Long time nixers
Well, the UNIX philosophy says: The right tool for the right purpose.

And Windows does have its purposes. :-)

--
xero
Long time nixers
Quote:welcome to nixers
arcetera
Members
hi there

what the cookie would say

rip vypr
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
(13-05-2016, 10:39 AM)jkl Wrote: Well, the UNIX philosophy says: The right tool for the right purpose.

And Windows does have its purposes. :-)

Obvious trolling there, try to be more subtle next time :-)
Wildefyr
Long time nixers
hullo there! and also, the complimentary:

(13-05-2016, 01:39 PM)xero Wrote: #7 [Image: avatar_1033.png?dateline=1403794704]xero
║▌║█║║▌║█║▌│║
Quote:welcome to nixers
jkl
Long time nixers
Thank you!

--
pranomostro
Long time nixers
Bit late, already replied to you.

Welcome.