Scavenger Hunt New Year Edition - Community & Forums Related Discussions

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
venam
Administrators
Hello fellow nixers,
For those who want to have some fun during the vacations here's a new scavenger hunt.
Once you're done or run into troubles (it might be tricky) PM me anywhere to get more info.

So here we go, this is your starting point:

Quote:_Wanderers_ of the web hate me.

Cheers and enjoy!
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
Yay! Thanks man!!
resk
Members
Has anyone cleared this yet?
I'm stuck at the step after the telnet one.
Any tips I could get?
venam
Administrators
(09-01-2018, 04:50 AM)resk Wrote: Has anyone cleared this yet?
No, but someone is closed to finishing it.

(09-01-2018, 04:50 AM)resk Wrote: I'm stuck at the step after the telnet one.
Any tips I could get?
Sure, I'll pm you.
fraun
Members
If anybody is considering doing this, definitely do it! I was so much fun and I learned a lot, although I needed quite a few hints from venam :) Thanks again venam, looking forward to doing more and doing the old ones :)

I think the great thing is that rather than just reading various articles, it made me actually apply what I was reading, which I guess is the only way you learn.
venam
Administrators
(10-01-2018, 01:31 PM)fraun Wrote: I think the great thing is that rather than just reading various articles, it made me actually apply what I was reading, which I guess is the only way you learn.
This is definitely what I did.
I took a lot of content from the newsletter and made a direct application from them.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
resk
Members
I've found a lot of answers in the newsletter. I guess it's ok to share it (tell me if it's against the rules). This helped me solved on eof steps which was mind blowin!!!

Now I'm stuck on other steps but hopefully I'll finish it by the end of the week.
venam
Administrators
(14-01-2018, 10:53 AM)resk Wrote: I'll share a not so secret hint: venam is using the newsletter a lot as he just said. Check this out here on #56. I guess it's ok to share it (tell me venam if it's against the rules). This helped me solved on eof steps which was mind blowin!!!
It's ok, I've shared it for a reason.
So far 2 persons finished it.
mrnd
Members
So this one was really fun, and made me learn a few new tricks. Thanks for setting this up!

This was the first Nixers scavenger hunt I completed, and I'll certainly keep an eye out for more. I love this format.
venam
Administrators
Ok, so it's been a month.
Should I release the solution to this or is there anyone still trying to solve it that doesn't want any spoilers?
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
I wish I could fimd the time to finish it... That might never come however :(
You can still put it in SPOILER tags, do people can choose :)
fraun
Members
(04-02-2018, 12:30 PM)z3bra Wrote: You can still put it in SPOILER tags, do people can choose :)

I wouldn't be able to trust myself enough not to look at the answers :( As it was I asked venam hundreds of questions :)