Poll: Should we switch to Flarum
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes 0 0%
No 6 100.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should we switch to Flarum - Community & Forums Related Discussions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
venam
Administrators
Hello nixers,
Someone mentioned the Flarum platform.

Here's a list of features.

Should we switch to such type of next-gen platform.
Vote in the poll and let your opinion be known in the comments.
movq
Long time nixers
Voted "no", because the current forum works perfectly fine for me. I don't miss a thing.

Then again, I don't use it on mobile phones, nor tablets, or anything like that. Lots of people do, so if usability is really bad on those devices, then don't let me hold you back. :)
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
I do like the "pure" interface of this forum, rather than the "responsive-oriented" stuff, that usually comes with lots of javascript.
My phone won't handle that anyway, and the forums looks fairly good on mobile for what I need.

I side with vain here !
venam
Administrators
(13-08-2020, 12:04 PM)z3bra Wrote: I do like the "pure" interface of this forum, rather than the "responsive-oriented" stuff, that usually comes with lots of javascript.
I agree, but I'm proposing to see the reaction of the members.

(13-08-2020, 12:04 PM)z3bra Wrote: My phone won't handle that anyway, and the forums looks fairly good on mobile for what I need.
I'm always looking for CSS improvements on mobile. If anyone can help it is on Github.
s0kx
Members
[Image: iYmH.jpg]
10/10 very mobile friendly :)

I also voted no, this site works great both on mobile and desktop.
jkl
Long time nixers
Flarum is annoying to use on non-JS systems.

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
venam
Administrators
I guess that makes it clear.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll close the thread.