Stupid Questions Thread - Off topic

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
berk
Long time nixers
I'll begin.

* Using FreeBSD, I have to do "sudo dhclient re0" every time I boot up. How do I automate this?

* Where do I put GTK2 themes?
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
You can put your gtk themes in ~/.themes:

Code:
/Users/youri/.themes
├── royalty_mod
│   ├── gtk-2.0
│   └── xfwm4
└── termGTK
    â”œâ”€â”€ gtk-2.0
    â”‚   ├── Arrows
    â”‚   ├── Buttons
    â”‚   ├── Check-Radio
    â”‚   ├── Combo
    â”‚   ├── Frame-Gap
    â”‚   ├── Handles
    â”‚   ├── Lines
    â”‚   ├── ListHeaders
    â”‚   ├── Menu-Menubar
    â”‚   ├── Others
    â”‚   ├── Panel
    â”‚   ├── ProgressBar
    â”‚   ├── Range
    â”‚   ├── Scrollbars
    â”‚   ├── Shadows
    â”‚   ├── Spin
    â”‚   ├── Tabs
    â”‚   └── Toolbar
    â””── xfce-notify-4.0

For dhclient, put this in your /etc/rc.conf:

``ifconfig_re0="DHCP"``
kirby
Long time nixers
What could BSD offer me that Linux can't already? I'd like to give it a shot but I'm not sure I can be bothered when I might just end up using it exactly the same anyway.
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
It's a learning experience and you might actually like it better than other OSes like I did :)
berk
Long time nixers
I love you. Thanks

@kirbyman62: I switched to FreeBSD 2 days ago. At first I was shocked because many of the things that I could easily do in Linux had some complications in FreeBSD. But after a while you get used to them. And it's really enjoyable to discover a new OS, and FreeBSD is totally great for that task
kirby
Long time nixers
(04-07-2013, 04:25 PM)Beastie Wrote: It's a learning experience and you might actually like it better than other OSes like I did :)

Well I'll defiantly give it a fair trial and try it in a VM and maybe my netbook and see how I get on with it.
venam
Administrators
What's a stupid question suppose to be about?
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Anything you're too scared to make t thread about.
venam
Administrators
I created a program that uses exploits on professional websites. I'm really proud of how I coded it, it's really beautiful and easy to manage.
Should I :
* push it to Github
* keep it for myself
* sell it online
* Use it with friends

?
yrmt
Grey Hair Nixers
Sell it on HackForums first then put it on your github when you're happy with the money?
Mafia
Long time nixers
(04-07-2013, 05:16 PM)Beastie Wrote: Sell it on HackForums first then put it on your github when you're happy with the money?
Exactly this.
kopri
Long time nixers
(04-07-2013, 05:12 PM)venam Wrote: I created a program that uses exploits on professional websites. I'm really proud of how I coded it, it's really beautiful and easy to manage.
Should I :
* push it to Github
* keep it for myself
* sell it online
* Use it with friends

?
I agree with Beastie.

Okay here is my stupid question. I'm using the hub pastebin client, is there anyway I don't have to put my password in plain text in the .netrc?
venam
Administrators
(10-07-2013, 10:43 PM)kopri Wrote: Okay here is my stupid question. I'm using the hub pastebin client, is there anyway I don't have to put my password in plain text in the .netrc?

When you are using the page in the browser it's also sending the password in clear text. It should be a server side change. It's easy to implement the hash only at the moment the password needs to be sent, all done via js with an onclick event. Like that the php page will take hashed passwords and not clear text passwords.
zygotb
Long time nixers
Finally, a thread for me!
Someone doesn't appreciate my php generated image!
FreeBSD
Long time nixers
(10-07-2013, 10:43 PM)kopri Wrote:
(04-07-2013, 05:12 PM)venam Wrote: I created a program that uses exploits on professional websites. I'm really proud of how I coded it, it's really beautiful and easy to manage.
Should I :
* push it to Github
* keep it for myself
* sell it online
* Use it with friends

?
I agree with Beastie.

Okay here is my stupid question. I'm using the hub pastebin client, is there anyway I don't have to put my password in plain text in the .netrc?
Definitely go with what yrmt/Beastie said. Derpforums will eat that shit up.

And my stupid question is:

What is This Linux you talk of?
I do Byte
hades
Long time nixers
My stupid question: Without an xinitrc, how do I start certain programs up with my WM, and what command-line options could I pass to open these programs on a specific workspace? Specifically, when I start 2bwm using SLiM, I want to spawn xclock and a battery meter on the 10th workspace.
crshd
Registered
Make a shell script that starts all of your programs, and add that to SLiM's sessionstart_cmd.