Suggest an Anime! - Off topic

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Phyrne
Long time nixers
Thought I'd start a thread in which any Anime fans can make their suggestions (films or series) for others.
I'll go ahead and get it started with my favourite:

FLCL (Furi Kuri) - Total brainf*ck (no pun intended), but a damn good watch!
venam
Administrators
I'll add it to my list of anime to read.Sometime ago I said to myself that I should stop reading anime because when I reach the end I feel depressed.
Anyway, I'll start reading it also.
I might suggest Berserk, Gantz, Vagabond, I am a hero; those are good ones.
Phyrne
Long time nixers
(30-08-2012, 11:01 AM)venam Wrote: I'll add it to my list of anime to read...
Some times ago I said to myself that I should stop reading anime because when I reach the end I feel depressed...
Anyway, I'll start reading it also.
I might suggest Berserk,gantz,vagabond,I am a hero, those are good ones.

Haha, I know the feeling!

In light of your post, I should perhaps mention Manga suggestions are welcome too (however I don't read Manga myself) :)
I'll certainly be looking up some of those!
orochi
Members
Welcome to the NHK - Very good anime. Tatsuhiro is in his mid 20s, kind of a loser in that he doesn't get out of his apartment, and he doesn't have a job (lives off his parents money). Lots of interesting things happen.

Golden Boy - This short series revolves around a guy named Kintaro. He takes a bunch of temp jobs. He's a perverted misunderstood genius. I've always found this anime hilarious.

Can't think of much else that hasn't been recommended a million times already.
Robby
Long time nixers
Claymore, Deathnote, Clannad and Bleach.
Phyrne
Long time nixers
(01-09-2012, 07:36 PM)orochi Wrote: Welcome to the NHK - Very good anime. Tatsuhiro is in his mid 20s, kind of a loser in that he doesn't get out of his apartment, and he doesn't have a job (lives off his parents money). Lots of interesting things happen.

Golden Boy - This short series revolves around a guy named Kintaro. He takes a bunch of temp jobs. He's a perverted misunderstood genius. I've always found this anime hilarious.

Can't think of much else that hasn't been recommended a million times already.

Excellent! Thanks for the short descriptions too :D
I like the sound of Golden Boy

(02-09-2012, 08:14 AM)Robby Wrote: Claymore, Deathnote, Clannad and Bleach.

Big fan of Deathnote and Bleach! I'll have to check out the others
deadgone
Long time nixers
I'm currently watching Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day and Sword Art Online.
Phyrne
Long time nixers
(03-09-2012, 09:06 PM)TheShadowFog Wrote: I'm currently watching Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day and Sword Art Online.

Another one to add to my list :)
I've been watching Elfen Lied, not sure how I feel about it just yet. Definitely enjoying the amount of gore, but the way that Lucy has the personality of a freakin' cat half the time is pretty frustrating, also the focus on sexual references is pretty off putting... it's just kinda unnecessary. But the gore, the gore is just marvelous, so I'm going to keep watching and see how it goes!

A colleague of mine also suggested Pani Poni today, by the sounds of things, it's like Azumanga Daioh (another great one) but even more bizarre. Definitely going to give that a watch.
venam
Administrators
I finished watching FLCL (Furi Kuri) and went to the most recent episode of dead man wonderland... FLCL felt really weird, I laughed a lot while watching it... did not understand a sh*t but it's addictive. Deadman wonderland is awesome, a little gore; only drawback is that it's ongoing and have to wait for new episodes.
Phyrne
Long time nixers
(04-09-2012, 06:41 PM)venam Wrote: I finished watching FLCL (Furi Kuri) and went to the most recent episode of dead man wonderland... FLCL felt really weird, I laughed a lot while watching it... did not understand a sh*t but it's addictive. Deadman wonderland is awesome, a little gore; only drawback is that it's ongoing and have to wait for new episodes.

Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah it's pretty messed up haha. not much makes sense. Awesome, I've never heard of that, if it's got gore, I'll like it! :D
venam
Administrators
I finished Elfen lied. WTF was this ending, always Japanese are playing with our minds. The same thing happened to me when watching Full-metal Alchemist (the original , not the baby version) and so many others. They just freaking explode our minds!
Still I'm addicted to animé because they are tremendous!
Robby
Long time nixers
Claymore was brilliant, first anime I ever watched before Deathnote and Bleach. Clannad has to be my favorite though. You can watch the entire season online in English or original language. I made the mistake of watching most of it in its original language before I realized it had an English dubbed option but I still enjoyed it. When I watched the end I felt slightly depressed because there were no more, its that saddening.
venam
Administrators
I just finished watching "Welcome to NHK" and I must say WOW, it's impressive, touching, deep. I liked it and recommend it. Though I keep getting this weird feeling when I finish watching/reading an anime/mangas.
If you haven't visited Dave's Geeky Hockey site, what are you waiting for? Aside from these Game of Thrones jerseys, be sure to over into the open ones for Ghostbusters and Wonderful Nintendo.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman on today's meetings: "It's bright to me (the NHLPA) didn't save (the bid) together in an hour or two." Entirely, yeah, we did mark time a month. The NHL and NHLPA met today in Toronto with the players presenting their recommendation to the league. Said Donald Fehr on Monday, "What we expect to do Tuesday is to put forth an alternative view as to what we should do next. That's the surpass custom I can communicate set it." nike nfl jerseys Among those in attendance at today's meetings include Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin and Steven Stamkos. EA Sports announced today that the NHL 13 demo thinks fitting be released Aug. 21 on XBOX 360 and Aug. 22 as a service to PS3 (as thoroughly cooked as seeking those in Europe).Do you not care seeking all of this CBA talk? It's okay, says Bourne. Russia took a 2-1 series prompt with a 6-5 procure over Canada in the Canada-Russia Challenge.

Today was the era that the Unripe Jersey Devils were expected to settled $77 million in liability with lenders, but more era has been disposed for the purpose owner Jeff Vanderbeek to raise funds. The banks could have self-conscious the work together into bankruptcy today. The helpmate who claims Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray threw a chair at her during a 2009 playoff meeting determination get her date in court as jury selection began today in the case.