The reliability of cat-v.org - Other *nix-like OSes & POSIX related

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
jkl
Long time nixers
So the main fansite for Plan 9, "proudly" running on Plan 9 and a weird handmade CMS, is regularly unavailable for me. Does anyone here know why?

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
venam
Administrators
Quote:HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable

A communication error occurred: "Connection aborted"

The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.
It also seems to be down from my side.
Halfwit
Members
It's been pretty rock solid for me, but you could always venture on to #cat-v on freenode to investigate whether this was an anomoly.
pranomostro
Long time nixers
I've been visiting it quite regularly and never experienced this. Maybe it's a planned downtime?
jkl
Long time nixers
It's not the first time I notice that. In fact, I can't even access the Harmful blog most of the time, it worked exactly once for me.

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
sametsisartenep
Members
It's only been down a couple of times for me, but I've heard some people complain about it being completely inaccessible, to the point where they blame Plan 9, because "it's old and doesnt's scale" and shit like that.

I was thinking about doing a full copy of the whole site, but I'm not sure everything in there is free enough and also the size, which could be bigger than expected. I may end up replicating the documents, harmful and Hotel Genius sections, which are so worthy :D