Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ichiban
Long time nixers
Hello! I'm a long time hardware enthusiast, and more recently (last 5 years), a *nix enthusiast; overclocking, efficiency, and low-level tinkering. I'm currently rocking an EVGA 680 4GB running at 1408mHz GPU core, and a 3770k running at 4.7gHz, with a relatively small and hardened Arch Linux install on btrfs.

I have what you might consider esoteric, but what is in reality just a radical and powerful political stance, of which I relate to software. I don't support the status quo of large corporations that rule the world through corrupt governments - I fight this concept everyday with my actions, my words, and my faith in the concept of a free world, a free nation, and a free human race. The only problem with my faith in a truly free world is that we can't have it as we are without major change; a revolution. *nix offers a way to help decentralize the powers of large conservative corporations, and I appreciate that more than most people realize. It isn't just a free OS, or an alternative to Windows - it's a lifestyle, a replacement.

On top of that, I'm a classically trained classical alto saxophone player, as well, and dabble in most woodwind instruments (love the clarinet, but I play it like I play the sax).

I'm glad to have found this community, and hope to contribute as much as my time allows.

Best regards,

-ichiban

"Don't die for revolution, live for it." - Felipe Andres Coronel
venam
Administrators
You didn't mention "GNU/Linux", I'm relieved you aren't RMS.
Welcome to Unixhub.
jobss
Long time nixers
Welcome!

And congrats on that 1.4 Ghz GPU overclock.
The world is quaking from our Linux Thoughts!
lidstah
Members
(30-01-2014, 02:53 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: Welcome aboard!

My question to you is: do you solve your "world problem" with Libertarianism, or Communism?

I guess we solve it with "Unixism" ;)

And welcome among us, Ichiban!

A little question, though, related to your thread's title: are you french? If so, let's hang some priests and decapitate some kings together!! Vive la Révolution!!!

* lidstah goes out with his tricolor flag, singing the "Marseillaise" - and some omelette au fromage, because hanging priests and decapitating kings can get you hungry.

^damn, dat red color. #705050 might be more readable for the /me tag ;)
ichiban
Long time nixers
(30-01-2014, 02:53 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: My question to you is: do you solve your "world problem" with Libertarianism, or Communism?

That depends on what you interpret Libertarianism to be. It is a very broad field of political belief - there were even 'Libertarian' Communists (see Peter Kropotkin). I personally think to solve the "world problem" I see, as you put it, that a decentralization, as many Anarchist Communists believed, is necessary, but do I think that we must resort to a basic direct democracy, devoid of all governing bodies, with only personal contracts to regulate the world? No, I think that we do need Libertarianism fundamentals, however. The purpose of the government should not be anywhere near what it is now - basic regulation of borders and international affairs, such as health care, scientific research, collecting justifiable taxes (another subject altogether, that I will probably discuss in detail later), and maintaining as well as promoting environmental preservation. Catering to specific religious entities or persons is out of the bounds of what a government should do. Business is too centralized, as well, but is that a government's issue? It should not be, but with governments being mock facades with all real power being held by these very corporations, it is an issue. You can't change that system from within, though - it needs to be external change, a revolution that happens quickly, and with great following, otherwise, your revolution will conform to the system and compromise. There can be no compromise, a free system must be established. A very decentralized system is the answer, and while I don't identify with any particular political philosphy, based on your question, a more Libertarian system is the answer.

(30-01-2014, 10:04 PM)lidstah Wrote:
(30-01-2014, 02:53 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: Welcome aboard!

My question to you is: do you solve your "world problem" with Libertarianism, or Communism?

I guess we solve it with "Unixism" ;)

A little question, though, related to your thread's title: are you french? If so, let's hang some priests and decapitate some kings together!! Vive la Révolution!!!

* lidstah goes out with his tricolor flag, singing the "Marseillaise" - and some omelette au fromage, because hanging priests and decapitating kings can get you hungry.

Unixism indeed - especially if you mean the corporate abuse and fragmentation turning into a blossoming open (source) movement that takes over the world ;)

And, no, I am not French *natively*.
shtols
Long time nixers
Welcome aboard. Glad to have somebody with political and verbal capabilities I can't understand!
ichiban
Long time nixers
(31-01-2014, 01:40 PM)shtols Wrote: Welcome aboard. Glad to have somebody with political and verbal capabilities I can't understand!

It's not that complicate politically, and I try to write affluently as to convey a positive image. I can't talk to you directly, so I must be as explicit and clear as possible in the least amount of space. If you'd like to discuss more about my political views, I can open a thread where we can appropriately discuss the intricacies of my beliefs, and try to explain as much as you are willing to learn :)
Robby
Long time nixers
Welcome aboard, can't say I'm much into politics but something tells me that's about to change.
Mafia
Long time nixers
I think I like you.
Welcome.
ichiban
Long time nixers
(02-02-2014, 05:12 PM)Mafia Wrote: I think I like you.
Welcome.

I think I like you.
Glad to be here.

(02-02-2014, 03:32 PM)Robby Wrote: Welcome aboard, can't say I'm much into politics but something tells me that's about to change.

Political awareness is the first step towards revolution. If you ever want to talk about anything, just PM me, start a thread, or contact me however you see fit.