Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
hades
Long time nixers
Hi! It just occurred to me that I never got around to making a proper introduction. I'm dbcooper. On reddit, I go by dbcooper2012, and on the IRC, I've been just going by "coop". I've been lurking and occasionally posting here for a couple of months now, and just recently, I posted a tutorial about putting Linux on the Zipit Z2.

I just graduated Community College with an Associate's Degree in Information Systems Technology, and am currently enlisted in the Air Force (waiting to go to Basic Training).

I liek gangster rap music, nifty and obscure gadgets, and of course, *nix.

If there's anything else you guys want to ask about me, feel free!
venam
Administrators
Hello dbcooper!
Q: Do they assign you with a special position in the Air Force because you already have a degree?
Q: Do you like war?
shtols
Long time nixers
Ohai dbcooper!
Q: Fuck, I can't think of anything to ask.
Q: Shit, still no idea.
hades
Long time nixers
(31-07-2013, 04:50 PM)venam Wrote: Hello dbcooper!
Q: Do they assign you with a special position in the Air Force because you already have a degree?
Q: Do you like war?
A: Not for a lowly associate's degree like mine. Everyone who goes through the AF goes to Air Force Tech School after Basic anyways, and gets enough credits for an Associate's degree from the CCAF (community college of the air force). After I finish tech school, I'll have two Associate's degrees and will probably go back to college to start working up towards a doctorate.
A: Nah, I much prefer sly and subtle means of murder over loud and reckless gunfire and explosions.

(31-07-2013, 04:57 PM)shix Wrote: Welcome dbcooper.
Q: Do you happen to be African American?
Q: What made you enlist in the Air Force?
A: Nah. My personality is perfectly molded to the usual stereotypes, though. I seriously enjoy grape soda and fried chicken.
A: Mainly the fact that it would fully pay for college *and* that I'll be getting free certifications while I'm in Air Force tech school. Specifically, CCNA networking certs. Also, Resume material. I hope future employers see 6 years of service on my resume (along with the fact that they were 6 years spent in air force IT), and are impressed.

(31-07-2013, 06:11 PM)shtols Wrote: Ohai dbcooper!
Q: Fuck, I can't think of anything to ask.
Q: Shit, still no idea.
A: Fuck, I can't think of anything to answer!
A: Well, shit!

(31-07-2013, 07:04 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: Welcome aboard! :)

Q: What trade? And are you going enlisted or officer?
Q: What country? I am assuming US.
A: Information Technology, specifically networking. Going enlisted, but once I get a 4-year degree, I'll be able to take officer training and go that route (given the pay raise, I definitely will)
B: You guessed it
hades
Long time nixers
(01-08-2013, 04:45 PM)NeoTerra Wrote: Cool! Good luck with your stint in the USAF! Probably going to be spending a lot of time on base then eh?

EDIT:
My Canadian is coming out again, shit.
I probably will. The Tech School for my career field lasts 9 months, so after Basic I'll be on a base 90 miles from home, and only able to go home on some weekends, for 9 months
But I'll be able to go out on the town and do whatever I like most evenings, so it'll be pretty fun.

> tfw freedom from clingy gf