Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
sth
Long time nixers
hi im sth and i like openbsd and i like void linux when i have to use linux and i like old x-series thinkpads and i like reading mailing lists and i like keyboards and i like dogs and i like obnoxious screaming music and maybe just maybe i'll like you too

i contribute to wiki.voidlinux.eu and i use void at work daily. my personal laptop is running openbsd. this is partially because i am getting a little tired of linux after 10 years of it and partially because i hate wpa_supplicant.

if anyone has lemonbar working on openbsd5.8 let me know, i wasn't able to compile it from github but i'm pretty new to openbsd so i'm sure there's something i'm doing incorrectly.
-------
nvsbl.org
Houseoftea
Long time nixers
Hey there! Nice to meet you, and welcome to nixers
arcetera
Members
welcome to nixers

prepare for the cookie
rocx
Members
Welcome to Nixers.

The cookie will be here any second.
neeasade
Grey Hair Nixers
Welcome to Nixers.
schisma
Members
welcome to nixers, neeasade is not the cookie (you FUCK)
apk
Long time nixers
(27-12-2015, 01:23 PM)sth Wrote: if anyone has lemonbar working on openbsd5.8 let me know, i wasn't able to compile it from github but i'm pretty new to openbsd so i'm sure there's something i'm doing incorrectly.

You aren't the only one pal. There were missing typedefs in some source file, right? Even with some hacking I couldn't get it to compile...
Nevertheless, welcome to the gang.
neeasade
Grey Hair Nixers
(27-12-2015, 04:17 PM)schisma Wrote: welcome to nixers, neeasade is not the cookie (you FUCK)

shh bb is ok.

(27-12-2015, 04:28 PM)dsplayer14 Wrote:
(27-12-2015, 01:23 PM)sth Wrote: if anyone has lemonbar working on openbsd5.8 let me know, i wasn't able to compile it from github but i'm pretty new to openbsd so i'm sure there's something i'm doing incorrectly.

You aren't the only one pal. There were missing typedefs in some source file, right? Even with some hacking I couldn't get it to compile...
Nevertheless, welcome to the gang.
tfw wish you had installed openbsd to investigate
xero
Long time nixers
welcome to nixers
apk
Long time nixers
(27-12-2015, 05:09 PM)neeasade Wrote: tfw wish you had installed openbsd to investigate
Shh bb is ok.
venam
Administrators
Welcome to the forums.
We already like you!
z3bra
Grey Hair Nixers
Welcome here! I see more and more void users in there, that's nice to see this distro getting the love it deserves.
Why are you getting tired of linux btw?
sth
Long time nixers
thanks everyone!
In lieu of lemonbar I just got dzen2 and it pretty much does what I need it to.

@z3bra: systemd/general silliness, fragmentation, odd/obnoxious wireless support, infighting...

Also if I had to pick, I prefer reading TdR's abusive emails to Linus'.
-------
nvsbl.org
pranomostro
Long time nixers
Looks like the reasons that make me want to switch to Plan 9.
Maybe I'll try OpenBSD as well, it seems good.
sth
Long time nixers
Plan9 is really fun! But I wouldn't want to run it as my day-to-day OS. Not enough support for things I want/need. But it's seriously powerful and acme is incredible/
-------
nvsbl.org
pranomostro
Long time nixers
For me, it is somewhat similar: I want to use better
software-I need to sacrifice comfort. From Windows->Linux:
an audio system that works without having to change settings
Linux->BSD: worrying about drivers a lot more
BSD->Plan 9: no web browser available.

Nonetheless I am planning to write a lot more
Plan 9 software this year.

It's going to be fun.