What font are you using now? - Desktop Customization & Workflow

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
venam
Administrators
Easy thread for this week, what font are you using?
ckester
Nixers
I use mononoki in all my terminal windows.
jkl
Long time nixers
Mostly, Hack and Fira Code Mono.
sans-serif varies a lot though.

--
<mort> choosing a terrible license just to be spiteful towards others is possibly the most tux0r thing I've ever seen
seninha
Long time nixers
I use input mono.

I'm looking for a bitmap font, as I am thinking in moving from Xft to XLFD (mostly because it is easier to write code with Xlib using XLFD).
Someone recommended me tewi. But I'll probably use terminus because of its wide Unicode support.
pfr
Nixers
I use Input Mono (Pragmata Pro style) mainly on my NetBSD machine.

I also use Operator Mono on my Linux machine.

I love bitmap/pixel fonts, but I'm getting old and I just can't read tiny fonts anymore.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
“Maybe you have some bird ideas... Maybe that's the best you can do.” - Terry A. Davis (R.I.P Terry & Percival)
stratex
Nixers
Terminus in all editors and terminals, and in the browser I don't even know, the default one.
opfez
Members
I've become a heavy uw-ttyp0 user. It's just such a great font, I use it everywhere I can (which unfortunately does not include my HiDPI laptop...).
TheAnachron
Members
FiraSans, Hack and for icons Font-Awesome (Thinking about switching though).

Edit: I've started transitioning to "Overpass" and "remixicon".
mcol
Nixers
tamzen for monospace.
mcotocel
Members
I mostly use Iosevka, patched with nerd fonts
VMS
Members
In terminals (URxvt client) and Xlib/Motif apps, I mainly use limey (artwiz-lime mod) and antidote(artwiz-cure mod), you can find both here. I'm confident several users here are already familiar with that github repo. On GTK/Qt programs, I use Helvetica or Lucida Sans. In the past I've been also an avid Fixed (xterm's default) and DEC Terminal user.
Kohaku
Members
As for monospaced fonts, I absolutely love Iosevka.

I also use Vollkorn as a serif font, and Inter as a sans-serif one.
seninha
Long time nixers
I created this pixmap .bdf font to use on X11 applications using XLFD (basically xterm).
I know... It is ugly... But I like it that way.
I am using it in all my applications now.

[Image: scrot-2023-06-04-222604.png]

It is called tadepe, which is the name of a fictional writing system of a fictional language for a fictional world I created when I was a child.
pfr
Nixers
PragmataPro is the only font
wolf
Members
I'm using Fantasque Sans Mono on XTerm. It has ligatures, emoji , most of unicode characters and fits well while browsing inside terminal .
yousifsabah0
Members
JetBrains Mono and Fira Code.
wolf
Members
Okay. I've just discoverd the OCR-A. It's amazing. Looks great with scanlines and CRT emulation. <3
x0ba
Members
I've been really enjoying Berkeley Mono.
jkl
Long time nixers
Current state: Input for sans-serif, Hack for monospace, Garamond for serif.
venam
Administrators
(04-09-2023, 02:01 PM)80x24 Wrote: Here's the build plan:
What's a "build plan", it's the first time I encounter this when it comes to fonts. Is it something specifically related to iosevka or it's a generic font framework?
santafe
Members
I am using B612 lately.
seninha
Long time nixers
(04-06-2023, 10:29 PM)seninha Wrote: I created this pixmap .bdf font to use on X11 applications using XLFD (basically xterm).
I know... It is ugly... But I like it that way.
I am using it in all my applications now.

[Image: scrot-2023-06-04-222604.png]

It is called tadepe, which is the name of a fictional writing system of a fictional language for a fictional world I created when I was a child.

Same but bold.

[Image: scrot.png]
rocx
Members
Now using PragmataPro. Not only does it look good on smaller screens, it also has hex drawing characters!

[Image: DvRa2M3.png]

Anyone care to donate towards pushing a Box Drawing B block for Unicode?
venam
Administrators
I'm still using Fira Code Mono, like so many others here.