The Evolution of security - Security & Cryptography

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
venam
Administrators
Hello *nixer,
I am going to post something that I posted on HF before and on my blog (which is more or less dead but has 12k views daily).
[Image: NIQow]
I did not have any mature reply on HF (as expected) and nobody looked at my blog.
I would like to have your opinion.

Moreover, this is a subject that's interesting because it concerns philosophy and technology at the same time.

Extract:
Quote:Hello Dear blog followers,
I have been watching a lot of video conferences about security lately and I have been wondering what will happen in the next years.

Little help with reference and info :
Abyss of Cybersecurity-John Bumgarner
Testing enterprise systems advance data ex filtration techniques - Albert School
Business Ramifications of the internet's Unclean Conflicts - Rockie Brockway
All available on irongeek.com

Do you think security is like an organism and will adapt itself to threats? I mean, instead of some surface defense like IDS, firewall, ID protection, AVs, etc. Everyone can see that those methods are not real future solutions, they are only patches.

Moreover, do you think that security should move into irreplaceable data protection instead of replaceable data protection? irreplaceables, meaning things that you could not redo another time or that will never be the same, never taken back. Namely, IP, personal infos, codes, research,etc. Replaceables, are things that could be replaced, like credit cards, accounts, websites, etc..

Furthermore, will developers & engineer design technologies with the notion of security in mind or will it always be the work of someone else and they should link the bridge between them. This is important because no hardware of any kind can be secure if they are not made this way. Tons of stories comes out about pieces of hardware like microwave or bread-machine (as seen in the conference) or even extremely sophisticated and costly hardware machine that can be hacked so easily.
Can we imagine a future where everything is controlled by technology but none is made in a secure way.
Some would say "Even imperfection itself may have its ideal or perfect state"

Another issue is the data itself, nowadays it's harder and harder to keep an information secret, or at least keep it for a long period of time. Thus, Passwords could not be considerate means of proving one-self anymore. They are just words or characters that can be cracked or that has a pattern. We might also think of RSA key instead of passwords.
We can also add the fact that people are not really aware of how easy it is to crack/brute their password.
What will be the way of proving that an account belongs to someone in the future?

What do you think readers, will the world really change that much in the next 3-5 years?

I'd like to add that this is purely guessing or trying to suppose for a near future.

See ya!

Messages In This Thread
The Evolution of security - by venam - 28-08-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: The Evolution of security - by venam - 28-08-2012, 04:08 PM
RE: The Evolution of security - by Dritz - 29-08-2012, 03:20 AM
RE: The Evolution of security - by venam - 29-08-2012, 06:30 AM
RE: The Evolution of security - by D9u - 07-09-2012, 05:50 AM
RE: The Evolution of security - by venam - 07-09-2012, 06:36 AM
RE: The Evolution of security - by CrossFold - 25-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The Evolution of security - by venam - 14-03-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: The Evolution of security - by z3bra - 14-03-2015, 04:13 PM
RE: The Evolution of security - by October - 19-04-2015, 02:49 PM