Post stuff that you've made with GIMP - Unix Related Arts & Image Manipulation Software

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
crshd
Registered
(08-09-2012, 03:48 PM)gurhush Wrote: Is GIMP really even close to photoshop as far as usability? Could it be used to make decent graphical images and forum signatures and the like? I've used photoshop, and have certification for CS4 and CS5, but I've never really done anything aside from making a collage of logos with a transparent background or a quick logo as far as GIMP is concerned.

Gimp isn't even close to PS when it comes to functionality and usability, despite what many OSS freaks might try to tell you.

Don't get me wrong, Gimp is great software, and it's amazing that a bunch of people hack something like that in their free time. It's more than enough most people ever need, I use it myself all the time. But obviously it's not going to compare "well" to a commercial product that costs a couple of 100 bucks.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCA/IT d-(---)@ s+: a-- C+++(++++)$ UBL*+++ P+++>++++ L++ E W+++$ !N !o K !w !O M+>++ !V PS+++ PE !Y PGP+ !t-- !5 !X R@ tv- b+ DI D+ G e h r++ y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post stuff that you've made with gimp. - by crshd - 10-09-2012, 11:47 PM